Here, with the top doctors and hospitals
As a HAP member, you can choose from thousands of doctors. Plus, Michigan’s leading hospitals.
- Ascension Genesys Hospital
- Ascension Providence Hospital
- Ascension St. John Hospital
- Beaumont Health
- Covenant HealthCare
- Henry Ford Health System
- McLaren Health Care
- Mercy Health
- Michigan Medicine (University of Michigan)
- Saint Joseph Mercy Health System
- And more
Plus, if you need to see an in-network specialist, there’s no referral needed.
HAP network and service area
HAP HMO network
With a long history and deep roots in Michigan, HAP has built provider networks that offer our members some of the best health care available across the state. We continue to build outstanding networks that include leading doctors and hospitals. Members with the HAP HMO plan can seek care through our HMO network in Michigan. The HMO network gives you access to thousands of doctors and leading hospitals.
HAP UAW Trust service area
UAW Trust members must live in one of the following counties to choose HAP:
- St. Clair
Worldwide emergency, urgent care and travel assistance
Outside of our service area, HAP members are covered worldwide for emergency and urgent care. HAP’s partnership with Assist America provides members with additional emergency travel assistance, including services for lost luggage, travel documents, hospitalization, emergency evacuation and more.
Students Away at School Program
You can have peace of mind knowing your college students can get care when they need it.
Students ages 17 through 25 who are covered by a parent’s plan while away at school will be covered outside of HAP’s service area for emergency or urgent care, plus a wide range of non-emergency services (with prior authorization), including:.
- Routine allergy injections, flu shots and immunizations
- Required maintenance visits for chronic conditions, such as asthma or acne
- Office visits for a birth control prescription or to continue birth control
- Prescription drugs (according to your health plan)
- Telehealth services through our HAP Telehealth mobile app, powered by Amwell®
Students Away at School doesn’t cover dependent children who live with a custodial parent outside our service area. Costs for care and prescription drugs outside HAP’s service area may be higher, so getting care at home is still best.