Learn more about Medicare
Information and guidance for Medicare members
Whether you’re enrolling in Medicare for the first time or shopping for a new plan, there’s a lot to consider. We’ll give you the facts you need to choose a health care plan.
Why choose HAP?
We provide benefits and services that other health plans just don’t offer:
- A dedicated personal service coordinator for your first two years of membership
- Leading network of doctors and hospitals
- Member discounts on gym memberships and weight management programs
Get more information on why HAP is the right choice for you.
There’s a lot to do and consider when selecting a Medicare plan. We’ll guide you through these basics so you’re informed and can choose the plan that’s right for you:
- How out-of-pocket costs work
- Our plan types, which include HMO, HMO-POS, PPO and Medigap
- The four Medicare “parts” and what they mean to you
- When you should enroll in Medicare
- Why HAP is the right choice for your needs
Learn more about Medicare plan basics.
Prescription coverage resources
For many people, prescription coverage is one of the most important pieces of their health plan. Use our prescription coverage page to:
- Download our 2018 HAP Senior Plus formulary (PDF) to see if your current medications are covered.
- Compare prescription drug benefits across different plans with Destination RX.
- Learn about our pharmacy network and where you can fill your prescription.
Turning 65? We want to make sure you’re ready
If you’re turning 65, or just reached this important milestone, you’ll need to prepare for Medicare enrollment. We’ll help you:
- Connect with free Medicare workshops
- Know what to do if you plan to continue working past 65
- Learn Medicare basics
- Understand when to enroll with a helpful timeline
See these Turning 65 resources.
Medicare Star Ratings
Medicare evaluates our plans based on a five-star rating system. These Star Ratings are calculated each year and may change. See our 2017 Medicare Star Ratings and learn more about the rating system.