Learn more about Medicare
Information and guidance for Medicare members
Whether you’re enrolling in Medicare for the first time or shopping for a new plan, there’s a lot to consider. We’ll give you the facts you need to choose a health care plan.
Why choose HAP?
We’ve enhanced our Medicare Advantage benefits for 2019. With HAP you get more choice, easy-to-use and easy-to-understand plans, great preventive benefits and extras you don’t pay for. Benefits and extras like:
- $0 monthly premiums on most HMO plans¹
- $0 gym memberships through Silver&Fit
- Up to $400/year allowance for over-the-counter items and medications
- Dental, hearing and vision coverage
- $0 Telehealth visits with doctors 24/7 on your computer, smartphone or tablet
- And more
There’s a lot to do and consider when selecting a Medicare plan. We’ll guide you through these basics so you’re informed and can choose the plan that’s right for you:
- How out-of-pocket costs work
- Our plan types, which include HMO, HMO-POS and PPO
- The four Medicare “parts” and what they mean to you
- When you should enroll in Medicare
- Why HAP is the right choice for your needs
Prescription coverage resources
For many people, prescription coverage is one of the most important pieces of their health plan. Use our prescription coverage page to:
- Download our 2019 HAP Medicare formulary (PDF) to see if your current medications are covered.
- Download our 2019 HAP Empowered Duals formulary (PDF) to see if your current medications are covered. Our HAP Empowered Duals plan has different coverage.
- Compare prescription drug benefits across different plans with Destination RX.
- Learn about our pharmacy network and where you can fill your prescription.
New to Medicare? We want to make sure you’re ready.
If you’re turning 65, or just reached this important milestone, you’ll need to prepare for Medicare enrollment. We’ll help you:
- Learn Medicare basics
- Connect with free Medicare seminars
- Know what to do if you plan to continue working past 65
- Learn Medicare plan options and what's right for you
- Understand when to enroll with a helpful timeline
Medicare Star Ratings
Medicare evaluates our plans based on a five-star rating system. These Star Ratings are calculated each year and may change.