Rights and responsibilities
As a HAP member, you have the following rights and responsibilities:
- A right to receive information about the organization, its services, its practitioners and providers and member rights and responsibilities.
- A right to be treated with respect and recognition of their dignity and their right to privacy.
- A right to participate with practitioners in making decisions about their health care.
- A right to a candid discussion of appropriate or medically necessary treatment options for their conditions, regardless of cost or benefit coverage.
- A right to voice complaints or appeals about the organization or the care it provides.
- A right to make recommendations regarding the organization’s member rights and responsibilities policy.
- A responsibility to supply information (to the extent possible) that the organization and its practitioners and providers need in order to provide care.
- A responsibility to follow plans and instructions for care that they have agreed to with their practitioners.
- A responsibility to understand their health problems and participate in developing mutually agreed-upon treatment goals, to the degree possible.