HAP Medicare Supplement (Medigap) Plans in Michigan
Medicare supplement plans, also known as Medigap plans, are offered by private companies such as Alliance Health and Life Insurance Company® to help pay some of the health care costs Original Medicare doesn’t cover like copays, coinsurance and deductibles. It only supplements your Original Medicare benefits and there are no prescription drug benefits included in these plans. You’ll still need to have Medicare Parts A and B.
HAP is here, with six Medicare supplement plans for your unique needs
HAP Alliance Medicare Supplement offers a choice of plans – Plan A, Plan C, Plan D, Plan F, Plan G and Plan N. The benefits of each of these plans are standardized by the federal government. Plan A provides basic benefits. Plans D, F, G and N provide coverage over and above the basic benefits.
Basic benefits include:
- Hospitalization: coverage for Medicare Part A daily copays, plus 365 additional days (lifetime) after Medicare benefits end.
- Medical expenses: Coverage for Medicare Part B coinsurance (20% of Medicare-approved costs) or copays for doctors’ services, hospital outpatient services and other medical services.
- Blood: First three pints of blood each year
- Hospice: Coinsurance for inpatient respite care and copays for hospice outpatient prescription drugs.
Explore our Outline of Coverage and choose the plan that best meets your needs. Or, you can use our online enrollment tool to compare all HAP plans.
HAP is here, filling the gaps in Original Medicare
With Original Medicare, you’re covered for many hospital and medical expenses, but there are some gaps in that coverage you may have to pay; such as deductibles, coinsurance and copays; and those costs can add up quickly:
- Medicare Part A has an upfront deductible for hospitalization – a deductible you pay each benefit period before your Medicare coverage begins.
- If you stay in the hospital more than 60 days, you begin paying a copay per day.
- After 90 days in the hospital, your copay increases.
- You pay 20% coinsurance for most doctors’ services after you pay your Part B deductible each year.
- You pay 100% for emergency care received outside the U.S., except under limited circumstances.
With HAP Alliance Medicare Supplement (Medigap) plans, you can fill the coverage gaps listed above and know that you're protected with a plan from Alliance Health and Life Insurance Company (Alliance). With HAP Alliance Medicare Supplement, you have emergency care anywhere in the world.
Choosing a Medigap Policy: A Guide to Health Insurance for People with Medicare