Medicare Advantage plans in Michigan
With a HAP Medicare Advantage plan, you'll enjoy access to an extensive network of doctors and hospitals across the state, and throughout the country. Plus, benefits and services that go above and beyond. Our Medicare Advantage health insurance plans start at $0 per month*.
We have three Medicare Advantage product options:
All of our Medicare Advantage health insurance plans offer great preventive benefits including a $0 copay for your annual physical exam. Most plans include prescription drug coverage and a $0 annual deductible for prescriptions.
HMO Medicare Plans
HMO Medicare Advantage Plans are typically more affordable. For 2022, these plans have no medical or prescription deductibles and cover most preventive vaccinations at 100 percent.
With an HMO plan, you’ll have access to HAP’s network of doctors in Michigan. All HAP plans cover worldwide emergency and urgent care, and all individual HMO Medicare plans include visitor/ travel benefits to extend coverage to Arizona, Florida, Texas and Michigan out-of-area for up to six months a year.
HAP HMO Plans start as low as $0 per month. Our $0 plans also have a $0 copay for primary care visits.
PPO Medicare Plans
PPO Medicare Advantage plans are typically more flexible. For 2022, HAP PPO plans include no medical or prescription drug deductibles and cover most preventive vaccinations at 100 percent.
With PPO plan, you’ll have access to HAP’s network of doctors in Michigan, and you can seek care across the U.S. You're covered when you travel anywhere in the U.S. outside of Michigan. Our PPO plan is accepted in 49 states**. You'll pay in network prices when you visit any Medicare-participating provider in the U.S.
HAP PPO plans start as low as $0 per month. Our $0 PPO plans also have a $0 primary care visit copay.
HMO-POS Medicare plans
These plans are like HMO plans with the added flexibility to see doctors outside of your network, if needed.
2022 Star Ratings
We’re excited to announce HAP has received 4.5 stars out of 5 stars for our Medicare Advantage HMO and PPO plans from the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services.
Vision, dental, hearing and over-the-counter benefits
- Enhanced dental: provided by Delta Dental, our plans include includes $0 copays on preventive care: 2 cleanings, 2 exams and 1 set of bite-wing x-rays, plus $1,000 for comprehensive care including root canals, fillings and crown repair at 50%. If you want additional dental benefits, there's an option to add more coverage starting at $18.00.
- $0 vision: A routine vision exam and an annual eyewear allowance of $125 or more.
- $0 hearing: A routine hearing exam and a fitting/ evaluation exam for hearing aids through a NationsHearing provider. Hearing aid coverage available through the plan.
- Over-the-counter benefits: Up to $400 per year allowance for over-the-counter items and medications. Receive up to $100 allowance per quarter to help lower you costs on over-the-counter medications such as aspirin, and cough and cold remedies.
- Our preferred pharmacy network gives you the lowest price on prescriptions.
Extras you don't pay for that help your health
- 24/7 telehealth services – HAP Medicare members can use telehealth services for PCP visits, behavioral health and dermatology. Learn more about HAP's telehealth services.
- Visitor/Traveler benefits – enjoy in-network prices for copays when you visit any Medicare-participating provider when traveling depending on your plan type. HMO plans can travel to Arizona, Florida, Texas and Northern Michigan. PPO plans can travel to the 49 states outside of Michigan.
- Non-emergent transportation to a doctor’s office, pharmacy, or other medically necessary appointment. 24 one-way trips annually. (not covered for Plan 011 and Plan 015)
- Free prescription delivery – all HAP Medicare plans include free delivery of prescription drugs.
- $0 fitness options – With Peerfit® Move, you'll be able to take advantage of a variety of fitness options such as gyms, studios, online classes as well as at-home FitKits.
- Travel and fraud protection – Travel worry-free with global travel emergency services, including identity theft protection, 24/7 professional fraud support and help with unexpected medical expenses. The Assist America program is valid whenever you travel 100 miles or more away from home or outside the U.S. for no longer than 90 days in a row. Learn more about Assist America.
- Personal Emergency Response System (PERS) helps members live independently for those at risk of falls (not covered for Plan 011 and Plan 015)
- Companion Care for members at risk of social isolation to provide emotional support and socialization (not covered for Plan 011 and Plan 015)