Medicare Advantage plans in Michigan
With a HAP Medicare Advantage plan, you'll enjoy access to an extensive network of doctors and hospitals across the state, and throughout the country. Plus, benefits and services that go above and beyond. Our Medicare Advantage health insurance plans start at $0 per month*.
We have three Medicare Advantage options:
All of our Medicare Advantage health insurance plans offer great preventive benefits including a $0 copay for your annual physical exam. Most plans include prescription drug coverage and a $0 annual deductible for prescriptions.
HMO Medicare Plans
HMO Medicare Advantage Plans are typically more affordable. For 2021, these plans have no medical or prescription deductibles and cover most preventive vaccinations at 100 percent.
With an HMO plan, you’ll have access to HAP’s network of doctors in Michigan. All HAP plans cover worldwide emergency and urgent care, and all individual HMO Medicare plans include visitor/ travel benefits to extend coverage to Arizona, Florida, Texas and Michigan out-of-area for up to six months a year.
HAP HMO Plans start as low as $0 per month. Our $0 plans also have a $0 copay for primary care visits.
PPO Medicare Plans
PPO Medicare Advantage plans are typically more flexible. For 2021, HAP PPO plans include no medical or prescription drug deductibles and cover most preventive vaccinations at 100 percent.
With PPO plan, you’ll have access to HAP’s network of doctors in Michigan, and you can seek care across the U.S. You're covered when you travel anywhere in the U.S. outside of Michigan. Our PPO plan is accepted in 49 states**. You'll pay in network prices when you visit any Medicare-participating provider in the U.S.
HAP PPO plans start as low as $0 per month. Our $0 PPO plans also have a $0 primary care visit copay.
HMO-POS Medicare plans
These plans are like HMO plans with the added flexibility to see doctors outside of your network, if needed.
2021 Star Ratings
We’re excited to announce HAP has received 4.5 stars out of 5 stars for our Medicare Advantage HMO plans (scoring in the top 10% of plans nationwide) and 4 out of 5 stars for our Medicare Advantage PPO plans.
Vision, dental, hearing and over-the-counter benefits
- $0 dental: provided by Delta Dental, our plans include two exams, two cleanings, and a set of bitewing x-rays every year. If you want additional dental benefits, there's an option to add more coverage starting at $19.00.
- $0 vision: A routine vision exam and an annual eyewear allowance of $125 or more.
- $0 hearing: A routine hearing exam and a fitting/ evaluation exam for hearing aids through a NationsHearing provider. Hearing aid coverage available through the plan.
- Over-the-counter benefits: Up to $400 per year allowance for over-the-counter items and medications. Receive up to $100 allowance per quarter to help lower you costs on over-the-counter medications such as aspirin, and cough and cold remedies.
Extras you don't pay for that help your health
- 24/7 telehealth services - HAP Medicare members can use telehealth services for PCP visits, behavioral health and dermatology. Learn more about HAP's telehealth services.
- Free prescription delivery - all HAP Medicare plans include free delivery of prescription drugs.
- $0 fitness options - With Peerfit® Move, you'll be able to take advantage of a variety of fitness options such as gyms, studios, online classes as well as at-home FitKits.
- Travel and fraud protection - Travel worry-free with global travel emergency services, including identity theft protection, 24/7 professional fraud support and help with unexpected medical expenses. The Assist America program is valid whenever you travel 100 miles or more away from home or outside the U.S. for no longer than 90 days in a row. Learn more about Assist America.