Dental and vision
Dental benefits and eye exams
When you’re considering a health plan, don’t forget about your smile. Dental care is important. It can also be very expensive without insurance. Fortunately, pediatric dental is one of the 10 essential health benefits required for members 18 and younger.
If you purchase a plan directly through HAP, you’ll get access to:
If you don’t plan on purchasing dental benefits from a Marketplace-certified stand-alone dental carrier, you must choose from one of these Delta Dental options:
- Pediatric dental coverage
- Pediatric and adult dental coverage
A quality dental plan from Delta Dental can help you get the care you need to stay healthy. You can search for an affiliated dentist at deltadentalmi.com.
All HAP plans include an annual adult eye exam at no additional cost, from a vast network of highly skilled professionals. These include:
- Henry Ford OptimEyes™
- SVS Vision Optical Centers
- Co/Op Optical
- Family Eye Care Associates
- Fraser Optical®
- Northwest Eye Physicians
- Rx Optical®
If you have a dependent 18 or younger on your plan, they are eligible for pediatric vision benefits, which are also part of the 10 essential health benefits. Pediatric vision includes:
- One pair of eyeglasses every calendar year
- One pair of lenses every calendar year
- Contact lenses once every calendar year in lieu of eyeglasses
- Wide selection of designated collection frames and contact lenses
Find an eye doctor.