What you need to know about  Coronavirus and your HAP coverage.

Special enrollment period

Learn about special enrollment periods and how to qualify for one

What is a special enrollment period, or SEP?

Generally, you can only enroll in a health plan during open enrollment. After the Open Enrollment Period, you're locked in to your health plan unless you've had a major life change or "qualifying life event" (like the birth of a child, marriage or losing your health coverage). Your life change or qualifying event allows you to enroll in a new health plan during what's called a special enrollment period, or SEP. If you qualify for an SEP, you're allowed to change your health plan or apply for a new one outside of open enrollment. You'll need to submit proof of the qualifying life event within 60 days of the date it happened.

Voluntarily canceling other health coverage or being terminated for not paying your premium is not considered loss of coverage. Neither is losing a plan that does not carry minimum essential coverage.  

2020 application/ brochures

HMO/ PPO Application (PDF) 

Need more information before you enroll? Download these helpful guides to individual and family plans and dental coverage.

Prospective New Member Brochure (PDF) 

Delta Dental Brochure (PDF) 

Vision Brochure (PDF)

Show me:

  • Medicare 101 Webinars

    Get real answers to all your questions! We’ll teach you about how Medicare works and give you tips and ideas to make sure you’re ready to go on day

  • Empowered Medicaid New Member Webinar

    Welcome to HAP Empowered! During this webinar, you’ll: Get to know your Medicaid plan. Learn how to get the most out of your coverage.

View all events
View all news

Contact us

  • Ready to join?

    (855) 948-4427

  • HMO Plans

    (800) 759-3436

  • PPO Plans

    (800) 944-9399