Health plan basics and services
We offer a variety of health plans for Michigan employees and their families throughout eastern and southeast Michigan. You’re never far from a HAP-network provider.
• Learn about plan basics, including our plan types and what we cover. Your specific benefits depends on the plans your employer offers through HAP.
• With our Health Engagement program, you could even save money on your premiums by making healthy lifestyle choices.
Find out more about our service area and Health Engagement program.
• As part of our health plans, your dependents ages 17 to 25 who live away from home are fully covered while they go to school. Get peace of mind with our Students Away at School Program.
Save money with the Henry Ford Choice network
If you’re a resident of Macomb or Wayne County – or parts of Oakland County, you could save money on insurance by choosing the Henry Ford Choice network.
Members who take advantage of this network get integrated, high-quality care from doctors and specialists within the Henry Ford system while saving up to 20 percent on monthly premiums.
Find out more about the Henry Ford Choice network.
Most of our employer-provided health plans include coverage for prescription medications. We provide information about how to understand copay amounts, what drugs are covered and how to use prescription benefits.
Learn about our prescription coverage.
Member discounts and services
We offer our members exclusive opportunities to manage and save on their health care.
• Through our Member Discounts program, you can save on health and wellness items, services and activities.
• You can use your smartphone to manage your health with our HAP OnTheGo mobile app.
• You can also get travel assistance when you’re away from home.
Take advantage of discounts and services for HAP members.
Live a healthier life
Health plans should be about more than doctors and copays. That’s why we provide educational member events to promote healthy lifestyles. We also give our members tools and resources to manage their health, maintain a healthy weight, stop smoking and more.
Take advantage of these member programs.
Need more information?
Talk to your employer about how to enroll in HAP plan. If you have questions, contact us.