HAP is here, making it easier for you to guide your patients on health insurance plan decisions.
We know you are the trusted advisor for your patients. Therefore we’ve created more provider resources to offer you better service and support.
Medicare 101 resources
- Medicare 101 basics
- HAP Medicare plans - Information and resources for you and your patients about HAP’s Medicare offerings.
- HAP Empowered Duals (HMO D-SNP) FAQs
D-SNP Model of Care Training - The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services requires contracted and non-contracted providers, who may care for HAP Empowered Duals (HMO D-SNP) members, complete our Model of Care training initially and annually. Here’s how to take the training:
- HAP Medicare contracted provider offices
- Log in to your provider account. There will be a pop-up alert if training has not been completed. Simply click on the link, review the training and complete the attestation. If there is no pop-up alert, then the office has successfully completed training.
- Take the training here and complete the attestation.
- Non-contracted providers - HAP will contact non-contracted providers who provided services to HAP Empowered Duals (HMO SNP) members.
Why HAP for your patients
Our 2022 plans are designed to keep your patients healthy and safe. HAP focused on our plan benefits around removing barriers for your so they can easily access care. Some of the benefits include:
- Enhanced dental coverage – our plans embed both preventive dental coverage and as well as comprehensive coverage up to $1000 maximum benefit.
- $0 vision for routine vision exam; at least $125 allowance for eye wear or contacts.
- $0 hearing for routine hearing exam and a fitting/evaluation exam for hearing aids
- Over-the-counter benefits (quarterly allowance to help lower costs on OTC medications such as aspirin, and cough and cold remedies)
- Copays from $0-$20 for PT/OT/ST
- 24/7 telehealth services
- Visitor/travel benefit – we provide in-network coverage when our members travel for extended stays.
- HMO plans can travel to Arizona, Florida, Texas, and Northern Michigan
- PPO plans can travel to the 49 states outside of Michigan
- Part D drugs on Tier 1- $0 copay through initial coverage phase. 90-day supply of Part D drugs on Tier 2 - $0 copay through Pharmacy Advantage through initial coverage phase
- Free delivery of prescription drugs through Pharmacy Advantage
- $0 fitness options
- Travel and fraud protection
For more information on our plans and benefits, visit hap.org/medicare.
We strive to deliver high quality service and satisfaction for our members.
HAP’s Medicare HMO and Medicare PPO have both earned 4.5 stars (out of 5) from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS).
HAP has proven to be the most consistent high-performing health plan in Michigan:
- HAP is the only Michigan-based insurer to achieve 4.5 stars for its Medicare HMO plan the past two years in a row.
- HAP is the only Michigan-based insurer to achieve 4 stars or higher for both HMO and PPO each of the past three years.
Since you are such an important part of HAP’s success, we wanted to share our good news with you. Here is a link to a video from HAP CEO Dr. Michael Genord and Chief Medical Officer Dr. Charles Bloom.
Request more information
If you'd like HAP marketing materials for your office or you need more information, contact your Provider Services Administrator. Log in and select Important Contact Information.
Refer a patient
If you'd like to refer one of your patients to HAP, please call us at (800) 868-9885 (TTY: 711).