We’re glad you’re here. Getting started with your new HAP plan is as easy as 1, 2, 3.
Step 1: Register for a hap.org account
Let’s get you registered, so you can take advantage of personalized resources in our member portal.
Once you create an account, you’ll be able to do things like:
- Review your coverage and benefits.
- View a list of prescription drugs covered by your specific plan.
- Sign up for paperless notifications.
- Check the status of claims, referrals and authorizations.
- Exchange messages with Customer Service.
- Interact with our digital tools to get customized estimates of health care, visit a doctor online or set and track health and wellness goals.
Step 2: Learn how to use your health plan
For a complete look at your benefits, you’ll want to reference your plan documents. They can be found by logging in to your newly created hap.org account and clicking on the “My Plan” tab.
Before you get care, you’ll want to answer these important questions:
Which doctors and hospitals can I choose from?
- Your plan may cover care within a specific network or service area, which means your doctor or facility must be in that network or area. Log in to hap.org and click on “Search for a doctor or facility” to see if the doctor or provider you want to visit is covered by your plan.
When do I need to get treatment approved?
What will I pay?
- While logged in to hap.org, click “My Benefits” in the “My Plan” tab to see your copays, deductibles and coinsurance you may have to pay as part of your plan.
Once you know those factors, you can use our Health Care Cost Estimator to get a good look at what your out-of-pocket costs could be for treatments or services. Learn more about the Health Care Cost Estimator
Step 3: Choose a doctor
It’s a great idea to pick a primary care physician, or PCP, to help you get the best possible care. They know your medical history and are familiar with your personal needs, which makes them the ideal person to coordinate your care or refer you to a specialist if needed. Some plans require you to pick a PCP, and you may need to choose a PCP within a certain network depending on your plan.
You can select your PCP in one of the following ways:
Select your PCP online
- Log in to your hap.org account. Select "Change PCP."
- Once you log in, only the doctors who take your specific plan will display.
Call your personal service coordinator
You should have gotten a personal letter from our PSC team in your welcome kit.
Use our automated services line
Speak with a PCP selection specialist
Call (888) 742-2727 Monday through Friday for assistance.
Okay, I registered, learned how to use my plan and picked a PCP. What’s next?
Glad you asked. Health care isn’t just for emergencies. We have a variety of programs and services all meant to help you meet your health and wellness goals and needs. Here’s a quick look at what you can do with your HAP membership:
Need help? We have options.
1. Register for your hap.org account.
2. Visit our FAQs page for common questions about HAP health plans.
3. You can also contact us by mail or visit our Detroit, Southfield or Flint locations. Learn more.