Stay Active While Aging - The Free Silver&Fit® Exercise and Healthy Aging Program
A product of American Specialty Health
With your HAP Senior Plus Medicare Advantage plan, you get access to the Silver&Fit® Exercise & Healthy Aging program, a free and fun exercise program for HAP UAW Trust members.
Both the Silver&Fit Fitness Center and Home Fitness Programs give you access to:
- Healthy Aging materials four times a year (available online or on DVD)
- The Silver Slate® newsletter four times a year (available online or sent by email or U.S. mail)
- The Silver&Fit Connected!TM(1) program, a fun and easy way to track your exercise and earn rewards at a fitness center or through a wearable fitness device or app(2)
- Other web tools, like a fitness center search, online educational classes, fitness challenges and more at SilverandFit.com
- A hotline to answer questions
- The Silver&Fit Rewards program(3), which offers a collectible hat and pins each time you meet your quarterly reward requirement
Silver&Fit (fitness center and home program)
Silver&Fit program enrollment
Active&Fit program information
The Silver&Fit Fitness Center Program
As a Silver&Fit member, you can access a participating fitness center or YMCA membership at no cost*. You can even switch to another participating center monthly.
Silver&Fit includes a wide network of fitness centers and select YMCAs. Choices include:
- Basic fitness centers that include equipment like treadmills, elliptical machines and free weights
- Full fitness centers that include classes like yoga and Zumba® or the official Silver&Fit Signature Series Classes
- Gender-specific fitness centers
- Exercise centers that offer services beyond a standard fitness center. Included are things such as lap pools, saunas, yoga or Pilates
The Silver&Fit network includes more than 400 fitness centers in Michigan and more than 13,000 nationwide, including:
- Senior and recreation centers
- Yoga studios
Not all locations participate.
Check by entering your ZIP code in the fitness center search at SilverandFit.com.
To find a fitness center near you, call Silver&Fit at (877) 427-4788 (TTY 711) Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. Eastern time.
*Some services and features not part of the Silver&Fit program may be available for an added fee.
The Silver&Fit Home Fitness Program
Can’t travel to a fitness center or prefer working out at home?
No problem. Enroll in the Silver&Fit Home Fitness Program. You can choose from a selection of over 20 Home Fitness Kits, which may include a DVD, booklet and a quick start guide. You can choose up to two kits each benefit year. Some examples include the yoga kit, the tai chi beginner kit, and the total body workout kit.
Enroll in the Fitness Center Program or the Home Fitness Program online, by phone or directly at a participating fitness center or YMCA
To enroll in the Fitness Center Program or the Home Fitness Program online:
- Go to hap.org. Enter your HAP member ID number and password, then click on Log In. If you’re not yet registered, click on Register Now and follow the prompts to complete your registration. After you’ve registered, return to hap.org to enter your member ID number and password.
- Once logged in, click on the Silver&Fit Enroll today button near the top of the page. This will open the Silver&Fit program site.
- Click Enroll and choose either the Fitness Facility program or the Home Fitness program.
- Read and agree to the Medical Attestation Statement.
- Follow the prompts on the screen to choose your preferred fitness center or your Home Fitness Kit(s).
- If you enroll in the Fitness Facility program, navigate to the Member Materials page and view the Welcome letter and Welcome flyer. Take the Welcome letter to your selected fitness center or YMCA and present it to the fitness center staff.
To enroll in the Fitness Center Program or the Home Fitness Program over the phone:
- Call Silver&Fit at (877) 427-4788 (TTY 711).
- Receive the program overview and program options.
- Enroll in the fitness center or home fitness option.
- Receive instructions to take the Welcome Letter to the fitness center or YMCA you choose.
To enroll directly at a participating fitness center or YMCA:
- Log on to hap.org or call Silver&Fit at (877) 427-4788 (TTY 711) to search for a Silver&Fit fitness center or YMCA.
- Write your name and date of birth on the Fitness Card (download pdf below) and take it to the participating fitness center or YMCA of your choice. Show it to fitness center staff to begin your enrollment.
- If I want to change my Silver&Fit fitness center or YMCA, will I need to pay additional fees? You do not have to pay additional fees to your fitness center. You may need to sign a new membership agreement, even if you have a current membership agreement or had one in the past.
- How do I change fitness centers or YMCAs? Go to SilverandFit.com or call Silver&Fit Customer Service at (877) 427-4788 (TTY 711) to change your fitness center. You may change fitness centers or YMCAs once per month. The effective date with the new location will be the first of the following month.
- Can I be enrolled in the Home Fitness Program and the fitness center and YMCA membership program at the same time? You may only be enrolled in one program at a time – the Home Fitness Program or the fitness center and YMCA membership program.
Non-Medicare Eligible HAP UAW Trust Members can get fit for $25 a month
HAP’s Active&FitTM Direct program makes it easy for you to get on the path to a happier, healthier life through regular exercise. For a $25 enrollment fee and $25 monthly fee, you get access to 9,000+ participating fitness centers nationwide, including 250+ in Michigan. Options include Anytime Fitness, Curves® and Snap Fitness®.
Log in to your hap.org account to register.