No matter where your employees may go their HAP health care insurance will travel with them. If your employees get sick or hurt while away from home, whether they are traveling on business or pleasure, they will be covered with HAP.
Urgent and emergency services anywhere in the world
Urgent care and emergency services are covered wherever HAP members go, anywhere in the world.
- Urgent care – Members who are ill or injured when traveling and need treatment can visit any nearby urgent care center.
- Emergency care – Emergency services including hospital stays, doctor visits and medications and even travel back to your employee’s home are covered by HAP when members are traveling. Let your employees focus on their travel – HAP will focus on making sure they stay well.
Travel assistance away from the office
HAP also offers member’s access to Assist America, which provides emergency assistance when they're traveling more than 100 miles from home or to another country. The Assist America call center is fully staffed 24/7/365. Services include:
- Help finding a doctor or hospital
- Hospital admission guarantee
- Emergency trauma counseling
- Emergency medical evacuation
- Lost prescription help
- Luggage or document assistance
- Interpreter and legal referral services
Protecting each member’s identity
HAP also provides eligible* members identity theft protection, a free service, through Assist America. Members can securely register up to 10 credit or debit cards for 24/7 surveillance. They'll receive an early warning of potential threats, and they'll know right away if their identify has been misused.
With the Assist America mobile app (available in iTunes or Google Play), your employees will have immediate access to assistance services, right in the palm of their hand.
Students Away at School Program for HMO and EPO members
When you choose a health plan from HAP, employees with kids in college can enjoy our Student Away at School program. This unique benefits gives parents peace of mind because their children can get optimal care while away from home.
HMO and EPO
Students age 17 to 25 who are covered by a parent's plan while away at school will be covered outside of HAP's network for emergency or urgent care, plus a wide range of non-emergency services (with prior authorization), including:
- Routine allergy injections, flu shots and immunizations
- Required maintenance visits for chronic conditions, such as asthma or acne
- Office visits for a birth control prescription or to continue birth control
- Prescription drugs (according to their parent's health plan)
- 24/7 telehealth services
Students under a parent’s PPO plan will be covered while away at school.
HAP has partnered with Aetna Signature Administrators® to offer the Aetna national PPO network outside of Michigan and Northwest Ohio*. Aetna’s network gives you access to more than 1.4 million providers including over 6,100 hospitals and thousands of MinuteClinic® locations around the country.
* Network access in the following counties in northwest Ohio will continue to be offered through HAP; Williams, Fulton, Lucas, Defiance, Henry, Wood, and Ottawa.
Note: Identity Theft Protection is available to HAP members. (excludes Medicare and Medicaid members)