No matter where your employees may go their HAP health care insurance will travel with them. If your employees get sick or hurt while away from home, whether they are traveling on business or pleasure, they will be covered with HAP.
Urgent and emergency services anywhere in the world
Urgent care and emergency services are covered wherever HAP members go, anywhere in the world.
- Urgent care – Members who are ill or injured when traveling and need treatment can visit any nearby Urgent Care center.
- Emergency care – Emergency services including hospital stays, doctor visits and medications and even travel back to your employee’s home are covered by HAP when members are traveling. Let your employees focus on their travel – HAP will focus on making sure they stay well.
Travel assistance away from the office
HAP also offers member’s access to Assist America, which provides emergency assistance when they’re traveling more than 100 miles from home or to another country. The Assist America call center is fully staffed 24/7/365. Services include:
- Help finding a doctor or hospital
- Hospital admission guarantee
- Emergency trauma counseling
- Emergency medical evacuation
- Lost prescription help
- Luggage or document assistance
- Interpreter and legal referral services
Protecting each member’s identity
HAP also provides eligible* members identity theft protection through Assist America.
With the Assist America mobile app (available in iTunes or Google Play), your employees will have immediate access to assistance services, right in the palm of their hand.
Students Away at School Program for HMO and EPO members
Students with PPO coverage have access to covered services across the country. With prior authorization, students with HMO or EPO plans have expanded coverage. This coverage includes services that aren’t normally covered out of their HMO or EPO network, such as:
- Required maintenance visits for chronic conditions
- Allergy injections
- Prescription coverage (as allowed under the member’s medication rider)
- Acute illness or injury:
- Follow-up office visit
- Outpatient imaging and laboratory tests
- Physical therapy for rehabilitation
- Durable medical equipment (with DME and Prosthetics & Orthotics rider)
- Routine immunizations
The following services aren’t covered under the Students Away at School Program for HMO or EPO members:
- Routine physical exams
- Routine gynecology exams
- Outpatient, nonemergency mental health and substance abuse care
- Elective surgery or hospital stays
- OB-GYN services for pregnancy
- Doctor visits and physical therapy, outpatient therapy or other therapies, or treatments that don’t have prior authorization
Note: Students must be between 5 and 26 years of age and in school full time. The Students Away at School Program doesn’t cover dependent children who live with a custodial parent outside of our service area.
*Identity Theft Protection available to eligible HAP members. Excludes Medicare and Medicaid members.