HAP's quality program
Important measures meant to protect our members
HAP’s quality program ensures that the health care services provided to our members are of the highest quality. This means that care is safe, effective, patient-centered, timely, efficient and equitable. We constantly measure results to find out what’s working well and where we need to improve.
Here are some of the questions we study:
- Are our members getting the right kind of care, in the right place and at the right time? Are they satisfied with their care?
- Are our members up-to-date on screenings, vaccinations and other services needed to keep them healthy?
- How well are our members managing chronic diseases like diabetes and heart failure?
- Do our members and providers understand important guidelines that are based on medical research and evidence?How well do our hospitals perform on certain quality and safety measures?
- What else can we do to make sure that our members have access to the highest quality health care, programs and services to keep them healthy and safe?
HAP quality program goals and objectives
Every year, we set specific goals to improve quality. Find out what our quality program is focused on now and what we’re doing to achieve these goals and objectives.
The Healthcare Effectiveness Data and Information Set1 is a standardized, comprehensive set of indicators used to measure the performance of a health plan. In other words, HEDIS is a report card for managed care plans. Learn more about HEDIS.
1HEDIS is a registered trademark of the National Committee for Quality Assurance, or NCQA.