Rewarding summer internships and full-time training programs that help students learn and grow professionally in the health care arena.
Many of our interns are offered job opportunities at HAP because of the strong relationships and networks they develop here. You’ll be working closely with health care professionals to solve problems with creativity and enthusiasm. This isn’t your run-of-the-mill internship. There are no coffee runs or filing paperwork for hours on end. You’ll be making a real difference and learning from mentors along the way.
Our summer internships will give you a professional advantage by:
- Advancing your skills
- Increasing your professional confidence
- Providing you with an opportunity to make a difference
The eight-week program
As a HAP intern, you’ll be embedded in departments throughout the company. We'll help you grow your skills and develop the expertise to meet the challenges of today's health care market.
During the program, you will:
- Work on a cross-functional project to provide solutions for a real business issue and present recommendations to senior leaders at the end of the internship.
- Participate in community service initiatives as well as social networking events.
- Experience a full, one-week orientation and education program on health insurance basics, HAP systems and may other career-focused workshops.
- Build strong relationships and lasting bonds with your 2018 intern cohorts.
- Get exposure to HAP senior leaders.
Don’t just take it from us
Here are what some former interns had to say about their experiences at HAP:
“The HAP internship has shown me the traits of a successful, thriving company that is in touch with its customers and employees. Interning at HAP is a grand experience.” - Kevin Yang, Oakland University
“During my time at HAP, I learned much more than how to create a ‘mean’ benefit summary. I became familiar with the healthcare industry along the continuous improvement process and huddle system. As a result of my time at HAP I was able to gain interviews at some major corporations across the United States. Even though I could not stay at HAP, I consider my time in the HAP internship program to be a success in my eyes.” - Madeline Stroin, University of Michigan
“My experience with HAP as a summer intern was overwhelmingly positive, full of love and support, and definitively helped me better understand myself and my future career goals. I was met every step of the way with colleagues (turned friends) who were eager to see me succeed and grow.” - Claire Fitzgerald, University of Michigan