Coronavirus (COVID-19) and HAP Empowered members
You’re not alone. HAP is here:
- helping you use your HAP Empowered health plan
- answering your COVID-19 questions
Medicaid members call us at (888) 654-2200 (TTY: 711).
MI Health Link members call us at (888) 654-0706. (TTY: 711).
How to protect yourself
The best thing you can do for yourself and your loved ones in our fight against COVID19 is to take a vaccine. There are many easy ways to get the vaccine.
Michigan residents can find vaccines near them by texting their zip code to 438829 or calling 211.
Other ways to protect yourself and your loved ones:
Keep space between yourself and other people outside your home.
- Stay at least six feet from other people
- Don’t gather in large groups
- Stay out of crowded places
People can spread the virus before they know they’re sick.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for 20 seconds.
- If you can’t wash your hands, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Don’t touch your eyes, nose or mouth when in public.
Cover your mouth and nose
- Wear a cloth face cover when out in public.
- Cloth face coverings shouldn’t be placed on:
- young children under age 2
- anyone who has trouble breathing
- anyone who’s unconscious or incapacitated
- Don’t use a facemask meant for a healthcare worker.
- The cloth face cover is not a substitute for social distancing.
If you’re sick…
- Call your doctor before you go. You can find your doctor’s name and phone number on the back of your HAP Empowered ID card.
- If you can’t find your card or want a different doctor call us
- Medicaid members call (888) 654-2200 (TTY: 711)
- MI Health Link members call (888) 654-0706 (TTY: 711)
COVID 19 and Changes to your benefits
Free home delivery of prescription drugs
Get free home delivery of your prescription drugs. Get an early refill, if you’ve used at least half of your supply. Some drugs can’t be filled early for safety reasons (drugs for pain, others). Call (800) 456-2112.
Getting care through the phone or video (Telemedicine)
- You can see a doctor or a counselor without leaving your home. It can be a phone call with your doctor. It can be a video call using your smartphone, computer or an app.
- You can also get physical, occupational or speech therapy care at home. You’ll need to use a video call. You can use your smartphone, computer or an app.
- If you have COVID-19 symptoms, like a fever or cough, see if your doctor offers telemedicine. They can give you advice on staying home or getting tested.
Having medical supplies like breathing equipment and others, delivered to your home. Quantity limits and prior authorizations are waived.
- replacements if equipment is lost or damaged
- medical supplies such as diabetic supplies, incontinence supplies and enteral formula
- face masks, hand sanitizer and patient gowns
- Your doctor can help you get the equipment if you need it.
Healthy Michigan Plan copays
- Copays waived for members with COVID-19.
- This includes:
- testing, drugs, lab work
- diagnostic imaging, medical supplies
- inpatient and outpatient hospital stays
- other needed treatments linked to COVID-19
- Your COVID-19 test is covered if the result is negative.
- These services will be removed from your MI Health Account statements.
Health Risk Assessment (HRA)
As a Healthy Michigan Plan member, you must complete an HRA each year. HAP is here to help you easily complete and submit your HRA. Please call us at (844) 214-0870 (TTY: 711), Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. We can help you start the HRA and schedule an appointment with your doctor to follow up.