HAP is here for federal employees
For more than 60 years, we’ve been making health insurance as convenient as we can. When you have a question, when you have a problem, when you just need advice, we’re here for you.
Because we’re a Michigan-based company, we’re not just near you…we know you. Every day, we’re collaborating with doctors, hospitals and the community. And as one of the leading integrated health plans in the region, we’re constantly finding new ways to coordinate your care and cut your costs.
We offer two plans for Federal Employees.
Learn more about our member benefits.
For more information on 2024 plan specifics, please review the FEHB HAP plan brochure.
HAP has you covered with a plan that works for you
With a long history and deep roots in Michigan, HAP has built provider networks that offer our Federal Employee members some of the best health care available across the state. Now we're expanding our networks with 11 new counties for 2024 to keep you covered!
- St. Clair
*New for 2024!
Medicare Parts A and B Reimbursement
FEHB retiree members with Medicare parts A and B are now eligible to earn up to $800 per year toward their Medicare part B premium payments. Eligible members must submit proof of Medicare Part B payments on a monthly basis to receive reimbursement.
Learn how to receive your reimbursement.
How to enroll
During the open enrollment season, anyone eligible to participate in the FEHB program may enroll, change health plans or options, cancel your FEHB enrollment, and change participation in premium conversion. Each payroll office uses a different way to enroll. Open season for the 2024 plan year begins November 13 and runs through December 11.
To learn more about enrollment information, visit this link.
HAP is here, with meaningful benefits
Putting your health first:
- You always know your out-of-pocket costs
- Care coordination when dealing with many health issues
- No referrals for specialists visits in HAP’s network
- Worldwide health care coverage for medical emergencies, accidental injuries and urgent care
- Exceptional customer service representatives to answer questions by phone, online or in-person, supporting you throughout your journey
- Fitness programs to give members access to gym locations across the country
- 24/7 access to your health plan by logging into your member account to search for a doctor, access, print and order ID cards, view health reminders, benefits and your Explanation of Benefits and send and receive secure messages with customer service.
- Additional emergency travel assistance, including services for lost luggage, eyeglasses, travel documents, hospitalization, emergency evacuation and more.
- The opportunity to speak to licensed and board-certified doctors available 24/7 for live, online visits by mobile phone, tablet or computer to treat non-emergency illnesses.
- Our myHAP Card digital ID card allows you to access the HAP ID card of everyone on your plan from the convenience of your mobile device