New to HAP? Longtime Member? Explore New Resources Built for You
In a recent blog post, I talked about the many ways I was able to get the most value from my new HAP membership. In the few short months since then, HAP introduced even more opportunities to take advantage of.
See a doctor from the comfort of home with our telehealth services
HAP members who feel under the weather can now visit a doctor from the comfort of home. HAP has partnered with American Well® to provide our members with 24/7 access to live, online visits with licensed, board-certified doctors. Use your mobile phone, tablet or computer for your visit – our telehealth service accommodates all of them.*
How to sign upYou’ll need a special code, which you can find by logging in to hap.org and clicking on "Telehealth Services" from the Quick Links menu.
Desktop users: Visit hap.amwell.com and enter your code.
Mobile users: Search iTunes or Google Play for “Amwell” and download the app. Enter your information, including the code, when prompted.
Save money and get healthy with our HAP Member Discounts appHAP members get valuable savings on health and wellness products and services. And the new HAP Member Discounts app even helps you find deals near you. Using location-based technology, the app sends alerts to your smartphone when you’re near a qualifying discount. Learn more, or read my colleague, Lori’s, blog post about the program. We’re always looking for discount suggestions. If you know of a local health and wellness vendor you’d like to be considered for the program, send us an email at HAPMemberDiscounts@hap.org.
If you don’t want to download an app, don’t worry. You can still take advantage of HAP Member Discounts. Simply show your card at a participating HAP discount partner to save.
Be a HAP guest at the HAP Crim Festival of Races
The HAP Crim Festival of Races is a Michigan gem that attracts thousands of runners, walkers and race spectators to the Flint area every August. And it’s where the next group of HAP 5K Challengers will complete their Challenge journey. Up for the challenge? Use our training guide to get started. Then, sign up for the HAP Crim Festival of Races and get a $10 discount off race registration - just for being a HAP member.
If you can’t make the Crim, run with us at one of these other 5K Challenge races and get a discount:
- Oak Apple Run in Royal Oak on June 3
- Atwood Stadium Races in Flint on July 22
- HAP Crim Festival of Races in Flint on August 26
- Pulse Run for Your Heart in Saginaw on September 9
- Trick or Feet in Northville on October 8
- Weekend Warrior Runfest in Shelby Township on October 8
To register for the Crim or one of the other races and get your discount codes, follow these steps:
1. Log in to your hap.org account.
2. Click on “My Health and Wellness” then “Member Events.”
3. View list of races and discount codes.
Get easier access to the information you need with our new phone system
After hearing about members’ challenges with navigating HAP’s customer service phone system, we took action. A new system with state-of-the-art voice response technology will be ready for HAP members this summer. The new features will allow members to quickly reach the right person at HAP. Don’t hesitate to call – HAP’s customer service team is ready to help you.
And don’t forget …
As a reminder of some tips in my last post, be sure to do all the following to start getting the most from your HAP benefit plan:
• Select a primary care physician – Log in to hap.org for a customized doctor search.
• Get to know our personal service coordinators – Every new HAP member has access to a team of personal service coordinators they can call or email directly for help. If you’re a member, call (866) 766-4712 or 711 for TTY services Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Or email us at email@example.com.
• Enjoy your Balanced Living magazine – HAP works to bring you inspiring and informational quarterly magazine content to help you live healthy.
• Sign up for a free HAP member event – HAP hosts several great events that are exclusive for members, and did I mention they’re free?
• Use the new HAP Health Care Cost Estimator – Log in to hap.org to get customized estimates on doctor visits and procedures based on your benefit plan. To learn more about this great tool, check out Dustin’s post.
• Check out iStrive® for Better Health – Log in to hap.org to access your iStrive tools and be sure to take your iStrive health assessment for a customized report on what you’re doing well to stay healthy and where you could make some changes.
We’ll continue to keep you posted on what’s new for you as a HAP member. In the meantime, take advantage of some or all of the resources noted above for a great member experience.
*Telehealth services are not available to HAP Midwest or Medicare members at this time.