Your guide to Medicare changes in 2024: making it easier for you
Health care can be tricky, but we're here to help you understand it better. In 2024, Medicare Part D, which covers your medications, will change. These changes are part of the Inflation Reduction Act of 2022. This act will make medicines cheaper for those on Medicare.
What's changing in Medicare Part D?
Medicare Part D has four parts, and each part has different rules about who pays for what. Here's how it works now:
- Deductible Phase: You pay all your drug costs up to a certain amount.
- Initial Coverage Phase: You pay your plan’s copay or coinsurance amount, and your Part D plan pays the rest.
- Coverage Gap Phase: You pay 25 percent of your drug costs, whether they're brand-name or generic.
- Catastrophic Phase: Medicare pays most of the drug costs, your Part D plan pays some, and you pay a little.
In 2024, the rules for the Catastrophic Phase will change:
- You won't have to pay 5 percent of your drug costs anymore. This means once you spend a certain amount on drugs, you won't have to pay anything more. This is great news if you spend a lot on drugs.
- Part D plans will have to pay more. They'll cover 20 percent of the drug costs in this phase, up from 15 percent.
Why HAP's Medicare Advantage plans are a good choice
With all these changes, HAP's Medicare Advantage plans can help. We focus on you, making sure you get the care you need without worrying about costs. Here's why our plans are a good choice:
- Personal touch: We care about you and your health. We're here to help you get the care you need.
- Local roots: We're based in Michigan and know the health care needs of our community.
- Part of Henry Ford Health: We're a part of Henry Ford Health, a top health care system in our region. This means you get high-quality care and lots of options.
Ready to handle Medicare changes with ease?
Check out HAP's Medicare Advantage plans today.
Health Alliance Plan (HAP) has HMO, HMO-POS, PPO plans with Medicare contracts. HAP Medicare Complete Duals (HMO D-SNP) is a Medicare health plan with a Medicare contract and a contract with the Michigan Medicaid Program. Enrollment depends on contract renewals.
Y0076_ALL 2024 Medicare change blog_C