Jump Start Your Workout with the Split Squat with Rotation Stretch (Exercise 6 of 12)
Start in a half kneeling position with your right foot in front, and arms held forward with elbows bent. Your front knee should be in line with your second toe and over your ankle.
Use your leg muscles to raise your back knee off the floor, then slowly twist your torso sideways to the right. Keep your torso and chest straight and tall.
Return to the starting position (facing front), and do three sets of 12 repetitions. Switch to the left leg and repeat.
Try all 12 Jump Start videos
Do the Split Squat Rotation by itself or check out all 12 of the MoveWell® Jump Start Daily Dozen videos presented by HAP.
Each short video features one exercise taught by physical therapist Sherry McLaughlin, who has a master’s degree in physical therapy and is a certified strength and conditioning specialist. She’s also the president and founder of the Michigan Institute of Human Performance.
Be sure to talk to your doctor before starting any exercise program.
What makes Jump Start so great?
- By training your body to move the right way, you often can get rid of pain.
- Each move takes no more than two minutes.
- You don’t need any equipment.
- Do these moves any place – in your living room or outside.
- A few moves a day can help you get stronger and be pain-free.