Jump Start Your Workout with the Warrior II Stretch (Exercise 2 of 12)
Warrior II is a common yoga stretch.
- Start by standing with your feet apart (just wider than your shoulders) and toes pointed forward.
- Then turn your right foot to the right and lower your pelvis by bending your right knee until it’s even to the floor.
- Look straight over your fingers and take five deep breaths – three seconds in through the nose and three seconds out through the nose.
- Then, change legs.
Try all 12 Jump Start videos
Do the Warrior II by itself or check out all 12 of the MoveWell® Jump Start Daily Dozen videos presented by HAP.
Each short video features one exercise taught by physical therapist Sherry McLaughlin, who has a master’s degree in physical therapy and is a certified strength and conditioning specialist. She’s also the president and founder of the Michigan Institute of Human Performance.
Be sure to talk to your doctor before starting any exercise program.
What makes Jump Start so great?
- It’s easy!
- By training your body to move the right way, you often can get rid of pain.
- Each move takes no more than two minutes.
- You don’t need any equipment.
- Do these moves any place – in your living room or outside.
- A few moves a day can help you get stronger and be pain-free.