Easy Ways to Go Green for Earth Day
As the chair of HAP’s Wellness and Safety Committee, my mission is to get my colleagues and our community on a path to a more sustainable future. Earth Day is a great time to reflect on how you can recycle, reduce, and reuse more to take care of our planet. Going green is easier than you think. There are little things you can do every day to help reduce greenhouse gases and make a less harmful impact on the environment.
Here are a few easy ways you can get started at work or at home:
- Car pool, walk or bike to work.
- Don’t toss out those paper scraps. Use them to take notes.
- Print double sided whenever possible.
- Recycle office products.
- Take the stairs instead of the elevator.
- Turn off computer monitors, printers, copy machines and lights when they’re not in use.
- Use environmentally friendly cleaning supplies to help reduce pollution.
- Go paperless with your cable bill, phone bill and even your EOB.
- Plant a garden to relieve stress and reconnect with nature.
- Reduce waste by purchasing permanent not disposable items
- Save energy by turning off appliances and lights when not in use.
- Skip the bottled water and use a water filter to purify tap water.
- Use the Energy Star program using energy efficient products.
Earth Day marks our commitment to protecting our environment. But our planet is worthy of a little attention more than one day a year. By making these small changes to our daily routines, we can impact the planet in a powerful way.