Welcome, Jackson County Employees
To help you get the most from your health insurance, HAP has launched this new digital resource center for Jackson County employees. Here, we'll bring you important health and wellness news, tips and resources.
I'm a new HAP member. Now what?
Use our handy guide to get started with your membership. We cover everything from selecting your primary care physician to discounts and more. Read now.
Understanding preventive services and what's covered
Preventive care is designed to keep you healthy, prevent illness and detect problems before you notice any symptoms. Affordable Care Act, or ACA, approved preventive care services are included as a covered benefit with your plan. Many preventive services are covered at 100 percent, which means there's no out-of-pocket cost to you.
Be sure to talk to your doctor about approved ACA preventive screenings and exams you may need because of your health, family history and other factors.
You can view our Preventive Services Guide by logging in to hap.org and selecting "Member Resources."
Using the Jackson County Reward Your Health wellness program
Reward Your Health is a wellness program for Jackson County employees and their spouses enrolled in a HAP health plan. By participating, you and your spouse could each earn up to $400 in contributions to your health savings or flexible spending accounts.
If you haven’t already done so, log in to the HAP member portal at hap.org and register to participate. Remember to complete your biometric screening and health assessment by March 31, 2019.
Participating in the Active & Fit Direct™ program
For $25 a month*, you and up to three family members now have access to more than 9,000 participating fitness centers across the nation. To register, log in to your hap.org member account and click "Active&Fit Direct" under the "Quick Links" menu.
How to find a Tier 1 provider
HAP’s Find a Doctor/Facility tool allows you to search by doctor, specialist or facility.
You can determine a provider’s tier level by visiting hap.org/jhnhmo and following these steps:
- Enter a ZIP code or address.
- Enter a doctor’s name or specialty, facility name, condition, symptom or procedure.
- Click "Search."
- The provider tier level is listed under their specialty.
Need more help understanding tiers? Learn how to navigate a tiered network plan.
Know who's in the Jackson Health Network
The Jackson Health Network continues to grow with new providers. Look who joined the HAP network in 2018. Click a category below to see a list of providers related to that specialty.
- Kayla Chapman-Shadik, LPC, A Healing Place, LLC
- Jeffrey Frommeyer, LMSW, A Healing Place, LLC
- Sarah Hazlett-Walkowicz, LPC, Henry Ford Allegiance Behavioral Health Outpatient Services
- Gayla Ignacio, LPC, A Healing Place, LLC
- Kelly Ottaway, LLPC, A Healing Place, LLC
- Edwin Payne, LPC, Jackson Counseling for Wellbeing
- Janelle Staviski, LMSW, A Healing Place, LLC
- Whitney Stoner LMSW, A Healing Place, LLC
- William Sweeter, LMSW, A Healing Place, LLC
- Ariana Thelen, LMSW, A Healing Place, LLC
- Ryan Vargas, LLMSW, Henry Ford Allegiance Behavioral Health Outpatient Services
- Kathleen A Lavery, CNM, Everyday Blessings Healthcare for Women
- Bricker Bradley Buseth, OD, Eye Services LLC
- Joshua Halm, OD, Specialty Eye Institute
- Heidi Schefferly, OD, Heidi L. Schefferly OD, PLLC
- James Serino, OD, James Serino, OD PC
Primary care physicians
- Cassie Bluhm, DO, Henry Ford Allegiance Family Medicine – North Street
- Anna Christianson, NP, Henry Ford Allegiance Pediatrics
- Steven Fehrenbach, NP, Henry Ford Allegiance Family Medicine - Townsend
- Shawn Gerrity, PA, Henry Ford Allegiance Family Medicine – Onsted
- Patty Hopkins, NP, Grass Lake Medical Center
- Sabrina Panich, NP, Henry Ford Allegiance Family Medicine – Spring Arbor
- Anthony Robertson, PA, Henry Ford Allegiance Family Medicine – North Street
- Sheri Rodgers, PA, Henry Ford Allegiance Family Medicine – North Street
- Leah Hope White, NP, Brad E Kremer PLLC
- Muhammad Ahmad, MD, Henry Ford Allegiance Hospitalist Services
- Jessica Althaus, CRNA, Henry Ford Allegiance Anesthesia
- Rafid Asfar, MD, Henry Ford Allegiance Rheumatology
- Jamie Kay Aune, NP, Henry Ford Allegiance Hospitalist Services
- Umayr Ahmad Azimi, MD, Henry Ford Allegiance Hospitalist Services
- Chad Case, NP, Henry Fold Allegiance Medical Oncology
- Hannah Chase, AuD, Henry Ford Allegiance Hearing Center
- Jaclyn Efrusy, NP, Michigan Heart PC
- Elizabeth Gordon Spratt, MD, Henry Ford Allegiance Dermatology
- Carroll-Anne Heins, DO, Henry Ford Allegiance Hospitalist Services
- Joanne Ruth Kingsley, MD, Center for Family Health
- Jonathon Kivela, MD, Anesthesia Associates of Ann Arbor PLLC
- Dawn Marie LaForest, NP, Henry Ford Allegiance Hospitalist Services
- Devin Malik, MD, Henry Ford Allegiance Medical Oncology
- Victor Mzyece, NP, Henry Ford Alliance Occupational Health
- Moreno, Nicole, CRNA, Henry Ford Allegiance Anesthesia
- Sharon Nackashi, MD, Henry Ford Allegiance Hospitalist Services
- Srijana Pandit, MD, Henry Ford Allegiance Rheumatology
- Brijesh Patel, DO, Michigan Heart PC
- Suzanne Pavlou, MD, Henry Ford Allegiance Hospitalist Services
- Ashleigh Pennington, NP, Henry Ford Allegiance Hospitalist Services
- Rachel Rang, NP, Pulmonary Clinics of Southern Michigan, PC
- Hussam Sabbagh, MD, Henry Ford Allegiance Hospitalist Services
- Sadasiva Reddy, MD, Jackson Radiology Consultants, PC
- Kimberly Fay Sell, NP, Henry Ford Allegiance Hospitalist Services
- Shilpa Reddy, MD, Michigan Heart PC
- Julius Sawyer, CRNA, Henry Ford Allegiance Anesthesia
- Samantha Sherwood, NP, Henry Ford Allegiance Neurology
- Timothy Upchurch, MD, Henry Ford Allegiance Neurology
- Eiran Avraham Warner, MD, Henry Ford Allegiance Medical Oncology
Jackson County employee resources
A representative will be available to answer any questions you may have about your HAP health benefits on these dates:
Wednesday, February 6
The Courthouse: 312 S. Jackson St. in the District Court Conference Room (basement)
7:00 to 11:30 a.m.
Human Services Building: 1715 Lansing Ave., Room 248
12:30 to 4 p.m. (last appointment is at 4 p.m.)
Watch for more onsite meeting information in upcoming Get to Know Your HAP Benefits e-newsletters. Tentative dates are Wednesdays, May 8, August 7 and November 6. Times and locations to be determined.
Jackson County employee intranet
Please visit the Jackson County Employee Intranet for information on HAP Same Day Care and the JHN Select Plan.
Free program offers personalized data, real-time support and unlimited supplies for Medicare Advantage members with diabetes DETROIT, April 16, 2019
Industry leaders bring national expertise to Detroit-based health plan DETROIT - Health Alliance Plan, a Detroit-based nonprofit health plan,
Michigan.gov press release: Snyder makes appointments, reappointments to 18 boards and committees LANSING, Mich. – Gov. Rick Snyder today
FLINT, Mich., – The annual HAP’s Boots for Kids drive began at the Genesee Valley Mall earlier today with a Cookies & Milk party to