I need coverage
Looking for health care coverage? Below are a few scenarios to help you identify the right plan.
Individual and family plans
If you’ve experienced any of the following, you’re probably looking for an individual and family plan.
• You lost your job
• Your employer stopped offering health coverage or you were dropped from your current plan
• You’re turning 26 and aging off your parents’ health plan
Our individual and family plans can be purchased directly from HAP or through the Health Insurance Marketplace, also known as healthcare.gov, which is managed by the federal government.
Insurance through your employer
Most likely, you’re here because your employer offers HAP as a health care option. When you choose HAP, you get:
• A personal service coordinator to answer questions
• Access to leading doctors and health care facilities as part of our network
• Valuable member resources and discounts
• Coverage options for dependents including coverage for children ages 5 to 26 who are away at school
There are four scenarios that allow you to sign up for a Medicare plan:
If you don’t yet have a Medicare plan, can you enroll in one if:
• You’re turning 65
• You experience a disability that qualifies you for Medicare
If you already have a Medicare plan, you can enroll in a different plan:
• During the annual enrollment period, which is every year from Oct. 15 to Dec. 7
• If you experience a life event that qualifies you for a special enrollment period, or SEP
Medicaid provides health coverage for some low-income people, families and children, pregnant women, the elderly and people with disabilities.
Our Medicaid coverage is administered by HAP Midwest Health Plan, a wholly owned subsidiary of HAP.
Visit HAP Midwest Health Plan to learn more and see if you’re eligible.