We're glad you're here. Getting started with your HAP Medicare plan is as easy as 1, 2, 3.
Step 1: Register for a hap.org account
Let's get you registered so you can take advantage of personalized resources in our member portal.
Once you create an account, you’ll be able to do things like:
• Review your coverage and benefits.
• Check the status of claims, referrals and authorizations.
• View a list of prescription drugs covered by your specific plan.
• Send a secure message to Customer Service.
• Visit a doctor online 24/7.
• Sign up for paperless notifications.
Step 2: Find your doctors, pharmacies and more
HAP Medicare plans give you access to our wide network of doctors, hospitals and pharmacies. Before you get care, you’ll want to answer these important questions:
Which doctors and hospitals can I choose from?
• Your plan may cover care within a specific network or service area, which means your doctor or facility must be in that network or area. Log in to hap.org and click on “Search for a doctor or facility” to see if the doctor or provider you want to visit is covered by your plan.
When do I need to get treatment approved?
• Sometimes, coverage for certain services or treatments requires “prior authorization.” If you need it, your doctor can request it for you. Learn more about prior authorization.
What will I pay?
• While logged in to hap.org, click “My Benefits” in the “My Plan” tab to see your copays, deductibles and coinsurance you may have to pay as part of your plan.
Where can I find important documents related to my plan?
• Log in and select “Annual Notice of Change (ANOC) and Evidence of Coverage (EOC)” to see important plan documents.
• You can also find other important forms and documents related to your plan in our member resources section.
Step 3: Set up automatic payments
If you pay for your insurance plan directly, instead of through your employer, you can have your monthly premium paid automatically every month and have one less thing to think about! Use the Authorization for Automatic Withdrawal form
to give HAP permission to make automatic withdrawals on your behalf.
You can find this form and other important documents related to your Medicare plan in our member resources area
Need more help? We have options.
- Get in touch with our team of personal service coordinators. These HAP experts are here to guide you through your first two years of membership. They can answer any questions you may have about your plan.
To reach our team of PSCs, call (866) 766-4712 or 711 for TTY services Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Visit our FAQs page for common questions about HAP health plans.
- You can also contact us by mail or visit our Detroit, Troy or Flint locations. Learn more.
Okay, I registered, learned how to use my plan and called a personal service coordinator. What’s next?
Glad you asked. Health care isn’t just for emergencies. We have a variety of programs and services all meant to help you meet your health and wellness goals and needs. Here’s a quick look at what you can do with your HAP membership:
• Take a snapshot of your current health with our health assessment. Log in to take your assessment.
• Get rewarded for taking care of yourself with the Healthy Living Rewards program.
• Get fit with our Silver&Fit® exercise and healthy aging program.*
• See a doctor online 24/7, year-round with our Telehealth services.
• Read expert health tips and news on our Balanced Living blog.
• Enjoy worry-free travel with Assist America travel protection and identity theft protection.
• Enjoy health and wellness discounts through our HAP Member Discounts program.
• Manage your care with our disease management, case management and palliative care programs.
*Your plan may not include a Silver&Fit membership. To check your specific plan details, log in to your hap.org account