How to use your HAP Medicare plan and its benefits
Whether you are new to HAP Medicare or recently changed plans, HAP is here to help.
Follow these simple steps to get started with your new Medicare plan after you enroll. For more information, download our post-enrollment Medicare checklist.
Register for your hap.org account
You’ll receive your HAP ID card within two weeks of your enrollment. You can then use your ID number to create a hap.org account.
Once you log in, you can:
- See deductible and out of pocket costs
- Review benefits
- Check the status of claims, referrals and authorizations
- Send secure messages to customer service
Review your medical and pharmacy coverage
You can find your personalized medical and pharmacy benefits by clicking on ‘My benefits’ in your hap.org account.
For additional information, you can reference:
HAP Medicare Advantage plans with prescription drug coverage have a $0 copay for a 90-day supply of Tier 1 and Tier 2 prescriptions delivered to your door.
How to get started:
- Ask your doctor to prescribe a 90-day supply of your medication.
- Register for a mail order prescription delivery on Pharmacy Advantage’s website or call (800) 456-2112.
- You can refill or renew your prescriptions online or on the phone. Prescriptions are delivered within 7 to 10 working days. Allow enough time so you don’t run out of medication.
Schedule your annual well-visit with your primary care doctor
Your primary care doctor will provide your preventive and general care, keep track of your medical history and help you choose a specialist when you need one. Now that you have a new Medicare plan, it’s a great time to schedule your annual well-visit with your doctor.
You can verify that your PCP is correct, and select a new one if necessary, in your hap.org account or by calling customer service. While PPO members are not required to have a PCP, we encourage all members to build a relationship with a primary care physician.
You can also:
- Find other doctors, specialists and facilities that accept your HAP Medicare Plan
HAP Primary Choice and HAP Choice Medicare require a PCP referral for a specialist visit. All other plans do not require referrals.
- Search for participating pharmacies
Many of our plans include a $0 copay for tier 1 prescriptions when purchased at a Preferred pharmacy. You can use this tool to find both Preferred or Standard pharmacies.
Log in to your hap.org account for a personalized ‘Find a Doctor’ search based on your plan.
Use your Medicare Advantage extras
HAP Medicare Advantage plans have benefits built around your unique needs. This includes an over-the-counter allowance and vision, dental, hearing benefits.
These supplemental benefits are only available to HAP Medicare Advantage plan members.
Pay your premium
You’ll receive an invoice from HAP to confirm your enrollment. You can pay your premium by downloading and completing the automatic withdrawal form. You can also mail a check.
Most members receive invoices monthly.
If you sign up for automatic withdrawal, you will receive the first invoice and no subsequent invoices unless requested.
If you have a $0 Medicare Advantage plan, you will receive the first invoice and no subsequent invoices unless requested or if you have additional charges. Additional charges may include:
- Optional dental coverage premium
- A Late Enrollment Penalty: You may be required to pay a late enrollment penalty if you did not join a Medicare plan or have credible coverage when you became eligible. You will have to continue to pay this penalty, even if you change plans or health insurance carriers.