This short video will teach you how to enroll in Medicare and the eligibility requirements. It'll also help you determine which plan is right for you. (Video, 4:34)Open video transcript
Henry Ford patients
Save money with the HAP Senior Plus Henry Ford Tiered Access (HMO)
Henry Ford offers health care close to home. HAP Senior Plus® Henry Ford Tiered Access (HMO) offers Medicare Advantage members in Macomb, Oakland or Wayne counties access to more than 1,400 Henry Ford doctors and specialists. Our members save money and have the flexibility to see doctors and specialists in our entire 22-county HMO service network.
Use our Find a Doctor tool to see if your primary care doctor is covered under HAP Senior Plus Henry Ford Tiered Access (HMO).
You also can download a PDF of HAP Senior Plus Henry Ford Tiered Access (HMO) network providers. However, we update these lists on a regular basis. Downloaded copies may not have the most up-to-date information.
How does HAP Senior Plus Henry Ford Tiered Access (HMO) work?
“Tiered access” refers to the costs associated with the doctors or specialists you see. Your benefits will be administered based on the tier of the provider you choose.
- “Tier 1 providers” are Henry Ford doctors and providers with the lowest out-of-pocket costs for deductibles, coinsurance and copays. These providers are located within three counties:
- “Tier 2 providers” are the network doctors and other health care professionals, medical groups, hospitals and other health care facilities with the highest out-of-pocket costs for deductibles, coinsurance and copays. Tier 2 providers are within our 22-county HMO service network, which includes:
Arenac, Bay, Clare, Genesee, Gladwin, Gratiot, Huron, Iosco, Jackson, Lapeer, Livingston, Macomb, Midland, Monroe, Oakland, Saginaw, Sanilac, Shiawassee, St. Clair, Tuscola, Washtenaw and Wayne.
What are the benefits of choosing a Henry Ford provider?
Along with saving you money on out-of-pocket costs, Henry Ford makes health care easier. You can:
- Access walk-in care at select Henry Ford Medical Centers with convenient early and late hours
- Get answers to health questions after hours with Henry Ford Nurse On-Call
- Make same-day appointments with your primary care physician
- Send a message to your doctor online, or have an eVisit
- View lab or test results online – often within 48 hours
What if I need emergency or urgent care?
All HAP health plans cover emergencies and urgent care at home, as well as anywhere in the world. Your copay is the same no matter where you are.