Why choose HAP?
See how HAP is here for you.
With a HAP Medicare Advantage plan, you get:
- Choose from HMO, HMO-POS and PPO plans within 30 Michigan counties.
- Our Senior Plus HMO plan is offered in 36 counties.
- For those eligible for Medicare and Medicaid, HAP Empowered Duals (HMO D-SNP) is available in Genesee, Macomb, Oakland and Wayne counties.
- $0 Medical only Medicare Advantage plan for those that have prescription drug coverage and it includes up to $600 savings toward your Part B premium. This plan is complimentary to those that qualify for prescription drug coverage through the VA.
- Medicare plans start at a $0 HMO and $0 PPO monthly premium and have $0 primary care visits as well as more than 10 additional $0 benefits!
- All HMO and PPO Medicare plans include Out-of-State Travel Benefits for extended stays. Enjoy in-network prices for copays when you visit any Medicare-participating provider.
- Our HMO plans extend your benefits in-network to Arizona, Florida, Texas and Northern Michigan.
- Our PPO plans are available when you travel the 49 states outside of Michigan*
Benefits you'll love:
- $0 in-network medical deductible with all HMO and PPO plans.
- $0 annual physical exam (one per calendar year)
- $0 annual deductible for covered prescription drugs on most plans
- $0 copays for Tier 1 drugs purchased at a preferred pharmacy and 90-day supply mail order for Tier 1 & Tier 2 prescriptions
- Dental: our plans include $0 preventive dental - two exams, two cleanings, and a set of bitewing x-rays every year, plus comprehensive coverage including fillings, root canals and crown repair with up to $1000 allowance. Looking for additional coverage, HAP and Delta Dental partnered to provide three great options (Additional dental coverage is not available on HAP Empowered Duals).
- Vision: All Individual plans include a $0 routine eye exam and a $125 allowance yearly for eyeglasses or contact lenses. Members can order eyewear online or in-person through our routine vision provider, EyeMed.
- HAP Empowered Duals: $0 routine eye exam and a $200 allowance yearly for eyeglasses or contact lenses.
- Hearing Exam coverage and Hearing Aid coverage - All HAP Medicare plans cover a routine hearing exam and a fitting/ evaluation exam for hearing aids thru a NationsHearing provider. Copays for hearing aids vary depending on technology.
- Up to $400/year OTC Allowance - All individual Medicare plans come with a quarterly allowance for over-the-counter (OTC) items including non perishable food and convenience items and medications.
- Our $0 fitness option through Peerfit® Move. You'll be able to take advantage of a variety of fitness options such as gyms, studios, online classes as well as at-home FitKits. Peefit Move network has over 1,100 participating locations in Michigan, including the Y, Lifetime Fitness and LA Fitness and over 12,000 nationally.
Your health and wellbeing
- Expanded telehealth options for behavioral health and dermatology
- New for 2022, Transportation, Companion Care and Personal Emergency Response devices available on select plans
- Identity theft protection and global travel emergency services through Assist America
- Mom’s Meals – members that have congestive heart failure, hypertension or diabetes, can receive 14 days of fresh, nutritious, ready-to-heat meals delivered to their home after discharge from the hospital.
- Livongo® - Livongo combines advanced technology with 24/7 coaching to help make managing diabetes easier. Members with diabetes who opt into the program get a free smart glucose meter along with test strips and lancets shopped to them. The smart meter can be used to communicate with Livongo diabetes health care professional to make it easier to stay healthy.
- In-home screenings and health assessments -HAP partners with a variety of vendors that provide free health care services to our valued members from the comfort of their homes. To learn more about who HAP partners with, visit hap.org/healthpartners.
You can use our shopping tool to compare plans. If enrolling during Annual Enrollment Period, you can complete an application starting Oct. 15.
Call (800) 868-9885 to speak with a HAP Medicare expert and find the Medicare Advantage plan that’s right for you.
Our hours are:
- October 1st - March 31st: 8 a.m. - 8 p.m. seven days a week
- April 1st - September 30th: 8 a.m. - 8 p.m. Monday - Friday