HAP Medicare Advantage plans include vision, dental, hearing and over-the-counter benefits. And extras such as 24/7 access to a doctor online, $0 gym or fitness center membership and travel benefits.
HAP Medicare Advantage HMO-POS Plans
This Medicare Advantage HMO-POS (point of service) plans combines the best feature of an HMO plan with an out-of-network benefit. Similar to an HMO plan, you'll need to select an in-network primary care physician (PCP) to manage your care. You can use doctors, hospitals and providers outside of the network for an additional cost.
View our 2019 plans for Medicare coverage this year.
Plan highlights include:
- This plan does not require a referral from specialty care
- $0 deductibles for all covered prescription drugs
- $0 copays for Tier 1 drugs purchased at a preferred pharmacy*
After enrolling in an HMO-POS Medicare Advantage plan, you'll select a primary care physician from our established network of doctors. HAP Senior Plus (HMO-POS) offers the option to seek care outside of the plan’s wide network. However, you’ll save money by staying in the network and using any of the doctors, specialists and contracted hospitals within the 30-county Michigan area.
HAP Senior Plus (HMO-POS) costs at a glance
|Option 1||Option 2|
| Monthly premium
(in addition to your Medicare Part B premium
any late enrollment penalty you may owe)
|Annual medical deductible||$75 in-network||$0 in-network|
|Annual prescription drug deductible||$0||$0|
|Primary doctor/ specialty visits||$15/$25||$10/$20|
$160 per day
$135 per day
|Over-the-counter medication||$75 allowance
You can enroll in this plan if you reside in the following counties:
- St. Clair
Vision, dental, hearing and over-the-counter benefits
- Vision coverage: with $0 copays on routine vision exams and $100 allowance per year for glasses, frames and contact lenses.
- Dental coverage: with $0 copays on annual preventive dental visit that includes an exam, cleaning and X-rays. If you want additional dental benefits, there's an option to add more coverage starting at $21.40.
- Hearing coverage: with $0 copays for routine exams, evaluations and fittings. Hearing aid copays range from $689 to $2,039 (2 hearing aids per year, 1 per ear).
- Over-the-counter benefits: Up to $400 per year allowance for over-the-counter items and medications. Receive up to $100 allowance per quarter to help lower you costs on over-the-counter medications such as aspirin, and cough and cold remedies.
Extras you don't pay for that help your health
- 24/7 telehealth services - see a doctor online via computer, tablet or smart phone for as low as $0 copay. Learn more about HAP's telehealth services.
- $0 gym and fitness center memberships - enjoy a monthly membership or home fitness kit at no cost through our partnership with Silver&Fit®. Learn more about Silver&Fit.
- Travel and fraud protection - Travel worry-free with global travel emergency services, including identity theft protection, 24/7 professional fraud support and help with unexpected medical expenses. The Assist America program is valid whenever you travel 100 miles or more away from home or outside the U.S. for no longer than 90 days in a row. Learn more about Assist America.