HAP Medicare Advantage plans include vision, dental, hearing and over-the-counter benefits. And extras such as 24/7 access to a doctor online, $0 gym or fitness center membership and travel benefits.
HAP Medicare Advantage HMO-POS Plans
This Medicare Advantage HMO-POS (point of service) plans combines the best feature of an HMO plan with an out-of-network benefit. Similar to an HMO plan, you'll need to select an in-network primary care physician (PCP) to manage your care. You can use doctors, hospitals and providers outside of the network for an additional cost.
Plan highlights include:
- This plan does not require a referral from specialty care
- $0 deductibles for all covered prescription drugs
- $0 copays for Tier 1 drugs purchased at a preferred pharmacy*
After enrolling in an HMO-POS Medicare Advantage plan, you'll select a primary care physician from our established network of doctors. HAP Senior Plus (HMO-POS) offers the option to seek care outside of the plan’s wide network. However, you’ll save money by staying in the network and using any of the doctors, specialists and contracted hospitals within the 30-county Michigan area.
HAP Senior Plus (HMO-POS) costs at a glance
|Option 1||Option 2|
| Monthly premium
(in addition to your Medicare Part B premium
any late enrollment penalty you may owe)
|Annual medical deductible||$100 in-network||$0 in-network|
|Annual prescription drug deductible||$0||$0|
|Primary doctor/ specialty visits||$15/$35||$10/$30|
$160 per day
$135 per day
|Over-the-counter medication||$75 allowance
You can enroll in this plan if you reside in the following counties:
- St. Clair
Vision, dental, hearing and over-the-counter benefits
- $0 dental: provided by Delta Dental, our plans include two exams, two cleanings, and a set of bitewing x-rays every year. If you want additional dental benefits, there's an option to add more coverage starting at $19.00.
- $0 vision: A routine vision exam and an annual eyewear allowance of $125 or more.
- $0 hearing: A routine hearing exam and a fitting/ evaluation exam for hearing aids through a NationsHearing provider. Hearing aid coverage available through the plan.
- Over-the-counter benefits: Up to $400 per year allowance for over-the-counter items and medications. Receive up to $100 allowance per quarter to help lower you costs on over-the-counter medications such as aspirin, and cough and cold remedies.
Extras you don't pay for that help your health
- 24/7 telehealth services - HAP Medicare members can use telehealth services for PCP visits, behavioral health and dermatology. Learn more about HAP's telehealth services.
- Free prescription delivery - all HAP Medicare plans include free delivery of prescription drugs.
- $0 fitness options - With Peerfit® Move, you'll be able to take advantage of a variety of fitness options such as gyms, studios, online classes as well as at-home FitKits.
- Travel and fraud protection - Travel worry-free with global travel emergency services, including identity theft protection, 24/7 professional fraud support and help with unexpected medical expenses. The Assist America program is valid whenever you travel 100 miles or more away from home or outside the U.S. for no longer than 90 days in a row. Learn more about Assist America.