HAP Medicare Advantage plans include vision, dental, hearing and over-the-counter benefits. And extras such as 24/7 access to a doctor online, $0 gym or fitness center membership and travel benefits.
Henry Ford Tiered Access HMO
HAP is here, in partnership with Henry Ford Health System
If you are a patient of Henry Ford, the HAP Senior Plus Henry Ford Tiered Access HMO plan is a great option. This Medicare Advantage plan gives you access to more than 1,400 Henry Ford doctors and specialists. You also have the flexibility to see doctors and specialists across our full HMO network in Michigan.
This Medicare Advantage plan is available for people with Medicare who reside in Macomb, Oakland or Wayne county.
- Access to more than 1,400 Henry Ford doctors and specialists
- $0 annual medical and prescription deductible
- Copays as low as $0 for PCP visits, annual physicals and routine eye exams
Includes our visitor/ traveler benefit extending your coverage to Arizona, Florida, Texas and Michigan (out-of-area). You can keep your current HAP coverage when traveling up to six months a year, and you'll get the same in-network cost sharing rates as at home.
'Tiered access' refers to the costs associated with the doctors and specialists you see. There's two tiers.
- Tier 1 are Henry Ford doctors, specialists and facilities. By using tier 1 providers, you will pay lower out-of-pocket costs.
- Tier 2 are the other doctors, medical groups and hospitals within HAP's network that you may choose to visit. This will result in higher out-of-pocket costs for deductibles, coinsurance and copays.
HAP Senior Plus Henry Ford Tiered Access HMO plan costs at a glance (tier 1 providers)
|Monthly premium (in addition to your Medicare Part B
premium and any late enrollment penalty you may owe)
|Annual medical deductible||$0/year|
|Yearly deductible for covered prescription drugs||$0/year|
|Primary doctor/ specialty visits (Tier 1)||$0/ $30 copay|
|Inpatient Hospital (Tier 1)||
|Over-the-counter medication||$45 allowance/ quarter|
You can join a HAP Medicare Advantage plan if you're eligible for Medicare Part A, enrolled in Medicare Part B, and you live in our service area.
Vision, dental, hearing and over-the-counter benefits
- Enhanced dental: provided by Delta Dental, our plans include includes $0 copays on preventive care: 2 cleanings, 2 exams and 1 set of bite-wing x-rays, plus $1,000 for comprehensive care including root canals, fillings and crown repair at 50%. If you want additional dental benefits, there's an option to add more coverage starting at $18.00.
- $0 vision: A routine vision exam and an annual eyewear allowance of $125 or more.
- $0 hearing: A routine hearing exam and a fitting/ evaluation exam for hearing aids through a NationsHearing provider. Hearing aid coverage available through the plan.
- Over-the-counter benefits: Up to $400 per year allowance for over-the-counter items and medications. Receive up to $100 allowance per quarter to help lower you costs on over-the-counter medications such as aspirin, and cough and cold remedies.
- Our preferred pharmacy network gives you the lowest price on prescriptions.
Extras you don't pay for that help your health
- 24/7 telehealth services – HAP Medicare members can use telehealth services for PCP visits, behavioral health and dermatology. Learn more about HAP's telehealth services.
- Visitor/Traveler benefits – enjoy in-network prices for copays when you visit any Medicare-participating provider when traveling depending on your plan type. HMO plans can travel to Arizona, Florida, Texas and Northern Michigan. PPO plans can travel to the 49 states outside of Michigan.
- Non-emergent transportation to a doctor’s office, pharmacy, or other medically necessary appointment. 24 one-way trips annually.
- Free prescription delivery – all HAP Medicare plans include free delivery of prescription drugs.
- $0 fitness options – With Peerfit® Move, you'll be able to take advantage of a variety of fitness options such as gyms, studios, online classes as well as at-home FitKits.
- Travel and fraud protection – Travel worry-free with global travel emergency services, including identity theft protection, 24/7 professional fraud support and help with unexpected medical expenses. The Assist America program is valid whenever you travel 100 miles or more away from home or outside the U.S. for no longer than 90 days in a row. Learn more about Assist America.
- Personal Emergency Response System (PERS) helps members live independently for those at risk of falls.
- Companion Care for members at risk of social isolation to provide emotional support and socialization.