HAP Medicare Advantage plans include vision, dental, hearing and over-the-counter benefits. And extras such as 24/7 access to a doctor online, $0 gym or fitness center membership and travel benefits.
Henry Ford Tiered Access HMO
HAP is here, in partnership with Henry Ford Health System
If you are a patient of Henry Ford, the HAP Senior Plus Henry Ford Tiered Access HMO plan is a great option. This Medicare Advantage plan gives you access to more than 1,400 Henry Ford doctors and specialists. You also have the flexibility to see doctors and specialists across our full HMO network in Michigan.
This Medicare Advantage plan is available for people with Medicare who reside in Macomb, Oakland or Wayne county.
- Access to more than 1,400 Henry Ford doctors and specialists
- $0 annual medical and prescription deductible
- Copays as low as $0 for PCP visits, annual physicals and routine eye exams
Includes our visitor/ traveler benefit extending your coverage to Arizona, Florida, Texas and Michigan (out-of-area). You can keep your current HAP coverage when traveling up to six months a year, and you'll get the same in-network cost sharing rates as at home.
- New for 2020, this plan includes acupuncture benefits.
'Tiered access' refers to the costs associated with the doctors and specialists you see. There's two tiers.
- Tier 1 are Henry Ford doctors, specialists and facilities. By using tier 1 providers, you will pay lower out-of-pocket costs.
- Tier 2 are the other doctors, medical groups and hospitals within HAP's network that you may choose to visit. This will result in higher out-of-pocket costs for deductibles, coinsurance and copays.
HAP Senior Plus Henry Ford Tiered Access HMO plan costs at a glance
|Monthly premium (in addition to your Medicare Part B
premium and any late enrollment penalty you may owe)
|Annual medical deductible||$0/year|
|Yearly deductible for covered prescription drugs||$0/year|
|Primary doctor/ specialty visits||$0/ $30 copay|
|Hospital for Tier 1||
|Over-the-counter medication||$45 allowance/ quarter|
New for 2020, this plan now includes an acupuncture benefit for a $20 copay per visit with a Henry Ford network facility (Tier 1). There's a 12 visit limit.
You can join a HAP Medicare Advantage plan if you're eligible for Medicare Part A, enrolled in Medicare Part B, and you live in our service area.
Vision, dental, hearing and over-the-counter benefits
- Vision coverage: with $0 copays on routine vision exams and $100 allowance per year for glasses, frames and contact lenses
- Dental coverage: with $0 copays on annual preventive dental visit that includes an exam, cleaning and X-rays. If you want additional dental benefits, there's an option to add more coverage starting at $21.40
- Hearing coverage: with $0 copays for routine exams, evaluations and fittings. Hearing aid copays range from $689 to $2,039 (2 hearing aids per year, 1 per ear)
- Over-the-counter benefits: Up to $180 per year allowance for over-the-counter items and medications. Receive up to $75 allowance per quarter to help lower you costs on over-the-counter medications such as aspirin, and cough and cold remedies
Extras you don't pay for that help your health
- 24/7 telehealth services - see a doctor online via computer, tablet or smart phone for as low as $0 copay. Learn more about HAP's telehealth services
- $0 gym and fitness center memberships - enjoy a monthly membership or home fitness kit at no cost through our partnership with Silver&Fit®. Learn more about Silver&Fit
- Travel and fraud protection - Travel worry-free with global travel emergency services, including identity theft protection, 24/7 professional fraud support and help with unexpected medical expenses. The Assist America program is valid whenever you travel 100 miles or more away from home or outside the U.S. for no longer than 90 days in a row. Learn more about Assist America