HAP Medicare Advantage plans include vision, dental, hearing and over-the-counter benefits. And extras such as 24/7 access to a doctor online, $0 gym or fitness center membership and travel benefits.
HAP Primary Choice Medicare HMO
HAP is here, partnering with leading primary care doctors near you
HAP Primary Choice Medicare (HMO) gives members access to a network of top primary care physicians in the area, along with HAP's full network of specialists and facilities. This is one of our best value plans.
This plan is a great option if you live in Hillsdale, Jackson, Livingston, Macomb, Oakland, Wayne or Washtenaw county.
Plan highlights include:
- Doctor-designed $0* Medicare plan
- $0 copays for primary care physician visits
- Access to network of leading primary care physicians in the area and HAP's full network of specialists
- Visitor/ traveler benefit extending your coverage to Arizona, Florida, Texas and Michigan (out-of-area). You can keep your current HAP coverage when traveling up to six months a year, and you'll get the same in-network cost sharing rates as at home.
With this Medicare Advantage plan, your care is overseen by your primary care physician (PCP). Your PCP will provide most of your care and will help you arrange and coordinate the rest of the covered services you get as a member of our plan. For specialty care, you will need a referral from your PCP.
This affordable Medicare plan includes leading metro Detroit primary care physicians including the doctors at United Physicians Inc and Oakland Southfield Physicians, Jackson Health Network and Integrated Healthcare Associates.
Use our Find a Doctor tool to see if your doctor participates or choose a new PCP if needed.
HAP Primary Choice Medicare (HMO) plan costs at a glance
|Monthly premium (in addition to your Medicare Part B
premium and any late enrollment penalty you may owe)
|Annual medical deductible||$0|
|Prescription drug deductible||$0|
|Primary doctor/ specialty visits
(PCP referral needed for specialty visits)
$245 per day
|Over-the-counter medication||$100 allowance/ quarter|
You can join a HAP Medicare Advantage plan if you're eligible for Medicare Part A, enrolled in Medicare Part B, and you live in our service area.
Vision, dental, hearing and over-the-counter benefits
- Enhanced dental: provided by Delta Dental, our plans include includes $0 copays on preventive care: 2 cleanings, 2 exams and 1 set of bite-wing x-rays, plus $1,000 for comprehensive care including root canals, fillings and crown repair at 50%. If you want additional dental benefits, there's an option to add more coverage starting at $18.00.
- $0 vision: A routine vision exam and an annual eyewear allowance of $125 or more.
- $0 hearing: A routine hearing exam and a fitting/ evaluation exam for hearing aids through a NationsHearing provider. Hearing aid coverage available through the plan.
- Over-the-counter benefits: Up to $400 per year allowance for over-the-counter items and medications. Receive up to $100 allowance per quarter to help lower you costs on over-the-counter medications such as aspirin, and cough and cold remedies.
- Our preferred pharmacy network gives you the lowest price on prescriptions.
Extras you don't pay for that help your health
- 24/7 telehealth services – HAP Medicare members can use telehealth services for PCP visits, behavioral health and dermatology. Learn more about HAP's telehealth services.
- Visitor/Traveler benefits – enjoy in-network prices for copays when you visit any Medicare-participating provider when traveling depending on your plan type. HMO plans can travel to Arizona, Florida, Texas and Northern Michigan. PPO plans can travel to the 49 states outside of Michigan.
- Non-emergent transportation to a doctor’s office, pharmacy, or other medically necessary appointment. 24 one-way trips annually.
- Free prescription delivery – all HAP Medicare plans include free delivery of prescription drugs.
- $0 fitness options – With Peerfit® Move, you'll be able to take advantage of a variety of fitness options such as gyms, studios, online classes as well as at-home FitKits.
- Travel and fraud protection – Travel worry-free with global travel emergency services, including identity theft protection, 24/7 professional fraud support and help with unexpected medical expenses. The Assist America program is valid whenever you travel 100 miles or more away from home or outside the U.S. for no longer than 90 days in a row. Learn more about Assist America.
- Personal Emergency Response System (PERS) helps members live independently for those at risk of falls.
- Companion Care for members at risk of social isolation to provide emotional support and socialization.