HAP Medicare Advantage plans include vision, dental, hearing and over-the-counter benefits. And extras such as 24/7 access to a doctor online, $0 gym or fitness center membership and travel benefits.
HAP Primary Choice Medicare HMO
HAP is here, partnering with leading primary care doctors near you
HAP Primary Choice Medicare (HMO) gives members access to a network of top primary care physicians in the area, along with HAP's full network of specialists and facilities. This is one of our best value plans.
This plan is a great option if you live in Hillsdale, Jackson, Livingston, Macomb, Oakland, Wayne or Washtenaw county.
Plan highlights include:
- Doctor-designed $0* Medicare plan
- $0 copays for primary care physician visits
- Access to network of leading primary care physicians in the area and HAP's full network of specialists
- Visitor/ traveler benefit extending your coverage to Arizona, Florida, Texas and Michigan (out-of-area). You can keep your current HAP coverage when traveling up to six months a year, and you'll get the same in-network cost sharing rates as at home.
With this Medicare Advantage plan, your care is overseen by your primary care physician (PCP). Your PCP will provide most of your care and will help you arrange and coordinate the rest of the covered services you get as a member of our plan. For specialty care, you will need a referral from your PCP.
This affordable Medicare plan includes leading metro Detroit primary care physicians including the doctors at United Physicians Inc and Oakland Southfield Physicians, Jackson Health Network and Integrated Healthcare Associates.
Use our Find a Doctor tool to see if your doctor participates or choose a new PCP if needed.
HAP Primary Choice Medicare (HMO) plan costs at a glance
|Monthly premium (in addition to your Medicare Part B
premium and any late enrollment penalty you may owe)
|Annual medical deductible||$0|
|Prescription drug deductible||$0|
|Primary doctor/ specialty visits
(PCP referral needed for specialty visits)
$235 per day
|Over-the-counter medication||$100 allowance/ quarter|
You can join a HAP Medicare Advantage plan if you're eligible for Medicare Part A, enrolled in Medicare Part B, and you live in our service area.
Vision, dental, hearing and over-the-counter benefits
- Vision coverage: with $0 copays on routine vision exams and $100 allowance per year for glasses, frames and contact lenses
- Dental coverage: with $0 copays on annual preventive dental visit that includes an exam, cleaning and X-rays. If you want additional dental benefits, there's an option to add more coverage starting at $21.40
- Hearing coverage: with $0 copays for routine exams, evaluations and fittings. Hearing aid copays range from $689 to $2,039 (2 hearing aids per year, 1 per ear)
- Over-the-counter benefits: Up to $400 per year allowance for over-the-counter items and medications. Receive up to $100 allowance per quarter to help lower you costs on over-the-counter medications such as aspirin, and cough and cold remedies
Extras you don't pay for that help your health
- 24/7 telehealth services - see a doctor online via computer, tablet or smart phone for as low as $0 copay. Learn more about HAP's telehealth services
- $0 gym and fitness center memberships - enjoy a monthly membership or home fitness kit at no cost through our partnership with Silver&Fit®. Learn more about Silver&Fit
- Travel and fraud protection - Travel worry-free with global travel emergency services, including identity theft protection, 24/7 professional fraud support and help with unexpected medical expenses The Assist America program is valid whenever you travel 100 miles or more away from home or outside the U.S. for no longer than 90 days in a row. Learn more about Assist America