HAP Medicare Advantage plans include vision, dental, hearing and over-the-counter benefits. And extras such as 24/7 access to a doctor online, $0 gym or fitness center membership and travel benefits.
HAP Choice Medicare - West Michigan (HMO)
HAP is here, with plans as low as $0* in West Michigan
HAP Choice Medicare - West Michigan (HMO) is an affordable option for residents of Kent, Muskegon, Oceana and Ottawa counties. This plan was developed in partnership with Affinia Health Network (which includes Mercy Health).
This Medicare Advantage plan is a great choice if you are a Mercy Health patient. Plan highlights include:
- $0 copays for primary care physician visits, physical, occupational and speech therapy visits, outpatient diagnostic labs, annual physicals, routine eye exams, preventive dental appointments and hearing exams
- $0 yearly deductible for prescription drugs
- Up to $400 per year allowance for over-the-counter items depending on the plan you choose
- A primary care physician who can coordinate your care and refer you in the case of out of network care
Plans includes our visitor/ traveler benefit extending your coverage to Arizona, Florida, Texas and Michigan (out-of-area). You can keep your current HAP coverage when traveling up to six months a year, and you'll get the same in-network cost sharing rates as at home.
Use our Find a Doctor tool to see if your doctor participates HAP's network.
HAP Choice Medicare - West Michigan (HMO) plan costs at a glance
|Option 1 (Plan 026)||Option 2 (Plan 027)|
|Monthly premium (in addition to your Medicare Part B
premium and any late enrollment penalty you may owe)
|Annual medical deductible||$0/year||$0/year|
|Prescription drug deductible||$0/year||$0/year|
|Maximum out-of-pocket||$4,800 for services
from in-network providers
$3,900 for services
|Primary doctor/ specialty visits
(PCP referral needed for out of network care)
$235 per day
$210 per day
|Over-the-counter medication||$75 allowance/ quarter||$100 allowance/ quarter|
You can join a HAP Medicare Advantage plan if you're eligible for Medicare Part A, enrolled in Medicare Part B, and you live in our service area.
Vision, dental, hearing and over-the-counter benefits
- $0 dental: provided by Delta Dental, our plans include two exams, two cleanings, and a set of bitewing x-rays every year. If you want additional dental benefits, there's an option to add more coverage starting at $19.00.
- $0 vision: A routine vision exam and an annual eyewear allowance of $125 or more.
- $0 hearing: A routine hearing exam and a fitting/ evaluation exam for hearing aids through a NationsHearing provider. Hearing aid coverage available through the plan.
- Over-the-counter benefits: Up to $400 per year allowance for over-the-counter items and medications. Receive up to $100 allowance per quarter to help lower you costs on over-the-counter medications such as aspirin, and cough and cold remedies.
Extras you don't pay for that help your health
- 24/7 telehealth services - HAP Medicare members can use telehealth services for PCP visits, behavioral health and dermatology. Learn more about HAP's telehealth services.
- Free prescription delivery - all HAP Medicare plans include free delivery of prescription drugs.
- $0 fitness options - With Peerfit® Move, you'll be able to take advantage of a variety of fitness options such as gyms, studios, online classes as well as at-home FitKits.
- Travel and fraud protection - Travel worry-free with global travel emergency services, including identity theft protection, 24/7 professional fraud support and help with unexpected medical expenses. The Assist America program is valid whenever you travel 100 miles or more away from home or outside the U.S. for no longer than 90 days in a row. Learn more about Assist America.
HAP, also known as Health Alliance Plan, is a Michigan-based, nonprofit health plan. For more than 25 years, we've been making Medicare as convenient as we can. We offer Medicare Advantage and Medicare Supplement (Medigap) plans.
Because as a Michigan-based company, we're not just near you...we know you. Every day, we're collaborating with doctors, hospitals and the community. And as one of the leading integrated health plans in the region, we're constantly finding new ways to coordinate your care and cut your costs.