HAP Medicare Advantage plans include vision, dental, hearing and over-the-counter benefits. And extras such as 24/7 access to a doctor online, $0 gym or fitness center membership and travel benefits.
HAP Choice Medicare (HMO)
HAP is here, with new $0* plans in West Michigan
HAP Choice Medicare (HMO) is an affordable option for residents of Kent, Muskegon, Oceana and Ottawa counties. This plan was developed in partnership with Affinia Health Network (which includes Mercy Health).
This Medicare Advantage plan is a great choice if you are a Mercy Health patient. Plan highlights include:
- $0 copays for primary care physician visits, physical, occupational and speech therapy visits, outpatient diagnostic labs, annual physicals, routine eye exams, preventive dental appointments and hearing exams
- $0 yearly deductible for prescription drugs
- Up to $400 per year allowance for over-the-counter items depending on the plan you choose
- A primary care physician who can coordinate your care and refer you to specialists
Plans includes our visitor/ traveler benefit extending your coverage to Arizona, Florida, Texas and Michigan (out-of-area). You can keep your current HAP coverage when traveling up to six months a year, and you'll get the same in-network cost sharing rates as at home.
Use our Find a Doctor tool to see if your doctor participates HAP's network.
HAP Choice Medicare (HMO) plan costs at a glance
|Option 1 (Plan 026)||Option 2 (Plan 027)|
|Monthly premium (in addition to your Medicare Part B
premium and any late enrollment penalty you may owe)
|Annual medical deductible||$0/year||$0/year|
|Prescription drug deductible||$0/year||$0/year|
|Maximum out-of-pocket||$4,800 for services
from in-network providers
$3,900 for services
|Primary doctor/ specialty visits
(PCP referral need for specialty visits)
$235 per day
$210 per day
|Over-the-counter medication||$75 allowance/ quarter||$100 allowance/ quarter|
Vision, dental, hearing and over-the-counter benefits
- Vision coverage: with $0 copays on routine vision exams and $100 allowance per year for glasses, frames and contact lenses
- Dental coverage: with $0 copays on annual preventive dental visit that includes an exam, cleaning and X-rays. If you want additional dental benefits, there's an option to add more coverage starting at $21.40
- Hearing coverage: with $0 copays for routine exams, evaluations and fittings. Hearing aid copays range from $689 to $2,039 (2 hearing aids per year, 1 per ear)
- Over-the-counter benefits: Up to $400 per year allowance for over-the-counter items and medications. Receive up to $100 allowance per quarter to help lower you costs on over-the-counter medications such as aspirin, and cough and cold remedies
Extras you don't pay for that help your health
- 24/7 telehealth services - see a doctor online via computer, tablet or smart phone for as low as $0 copay. Learn more about HAP's telehealth services
- $0 gym and fitness center memberships - enjoy a monthly membership or home fitness kit at no cost through our partnership with Silver&Fit®. Learn more about Silver&Fit
- Travel and fraud protection - Travel worry-free with global travel emergency services, including identity theft protection, 24/7 professional fraud support and help with unexpected medical expenses. The Assist America program is valid whenever you travel 100 miles or more away from home or outside the U.S. for no longer than 90 days in a row. Learn more about Assist America
HAP, also known as Health Alliance Plan, is a Michigan-based, nonprofit health plan. For more than 25 years, we've been making Medicare as convenient as we can. We offer Medicare Advantage and Medicare Supplement (Medigap) plans.
Because as a Michigan-based company, we're not just near you...we know you. Every day, we're collaborating with doctors, hospitals and the community. And as one of the leading integrated health plans in the region, we're constantly finding new ways to coordinate your care and cut your costs.