Medicare members and COVID-19 support
See how HAP is here for you
HAP is here, with
- cost share waivers for individual Medicare Advantage members through 2020
- $0 telehealth visits so you can stay home
- free prescription delivery
Starting May 1, HAP is waiving Individual Medicare Advantage member cost share (copays, coinsurance, deductibles) through the end of 2020 for in-network:
- In-person primary care doctor visits
- In-person behavioral health office visits
- Telehealth visits for medical and behavioral health
HAP continues to offer home delivery of prescriptions.
HAP will waive member cost-sharing for COVID-19 diagnostic tests and test-related visits during the public health emergency according to state and federal guidelines. HAP is also covering treatment costs associated with COVID-19 through December 31, 2020. This includes deductibles, copays and coinsurance.
- HAP will waive the member cost-share for COVID-19 diagnostic tests and test-related visits. This waiver is in effect throughout the public health emergency.
- Member cost-share for all other diagnostic tests applies.
- HAP will waive the member cost-share for COVID-19 treatment.
- This cost-share waiver is for inpatient or outpatient treatment from an in-network provider.
- This waiver is in effect for services rendered through December 31, 2020.
Coverage for employer-sponsored Medicare plans or Group Medicare members may differ. This is handled on a case-by-case basis. Call Customer Service using the number on the back of your card to learn more.
Learn more about COVID-19 and your HAP plan.
COVID-19 Special Election Period
Medicare members impacted by COVID-19 can join or switch Medicare Advantage plans until June 30. Eligible beneficiaries can make one change in enrollment.
COVID-19 became an SEP elective under the FEMA weather-related emergency or major disaster declarations. COVID-19 was declared a major disaster on March 13, 2020.
Look at your plan and health needs for the rest of 2020. Make sure your benefits still make sense for you.
We know you may have spent money on health care costs this year. If you need a new plan, we don’t want you to have to start over. If you join HAP, your health care costs from your other plan will carry over to your new HAP plan. These are costs you’ve paid toward your deductible.
This doesn’t impact 2021 plans. You can still enroll in a new plan for 2021 during the Annual Enrollment Period from Oct. 15 to Dec 7.
HAP is here to help.