In consultation with a team of health care professionals, we have selected a list of drugs (formulary) which represents the prescription therapies believed to be a necessary part of a quality treatment program.
Our extensive formulary includes the most frequently prescribed drugs for people with Medicare.
BROAD PHARMACY NETWORK
As a plan member, you can get both brand-name and generic prescription drugs at any pharmacy in our broad network of more than 2,000 pharmacies, which includes:
• Medical center and long-term care pharmacies
• Neighborhood pharmacies
• Well-known stores like Rite Aid, Meijer, Walgreens, Kmart, Costco, CVS, and more
• Indian Health, Tribal, and Urban pharmacies
• Home delivery and mail-order pharmacies, like Pharmacy Advantage and Walgreens
You must use network pharmacies to receive your prescription drug benefit, except under non-routine circumstances when you cannot reasonably use network pharmacies.
To find a pharmacy that's convenient for you, refer to our pharmacy directory (need link) or contact Client Services. (need link)
COVERAGE WHILE YOU TRAVEL
You can get your prescription drugs at any pharmacy with nationwide locations (like Walgreens or Kmart) that contracts with HAP or Alliance. And you are always covered throughout the U.S. for emergency prescriptions when you're out of the plan network.
Part D benefits are provided through a network of contracted pharmacies. HAP Senior Plus, Alliance Medicare PPO and Alliance Medicare Rx all use the same pharmacy network.
There are more than 2,000 pharmacies in the Senior Plus/Alliance Medicare PPO/Alliance Medicare Rx network. We meet CMS standards for access based on our service areas, as follows:
• 100% of beneficiaries who live in rural areas have a pharmacy within a 15 mile radius
• 100% of beneficiaries who live in suburban areas have a pharmacy within a 5 mile radius
• 100% of beneficiaries who live in urban areas have a pharmacy within in a 2 mile radius
As a member of either HAP Senior Plus, Alliance Medicare PPO or Alliance Medicare Rx, you will also be able to obtain covered drugs at out-of network pharmacies.
Get more information on the HAP and Alliance Health and Life Insurance Company contract with Centers for Medicare and Medicaid.
MEMBER LOGIN (NEED LINK)