AAA Print Page

HAP Web Site Login

Login Help    
Home > > Health Care PlansYour Child is Covered Away at School

Your Child is Covered Away at School


Tips for Students Away at School

Contact Customer Service:
Click here to view our contact page

Referral Management Team phone number:
(313) 664-8950

Make appointments for annual exams with your young adult's PCP.

Tell your young adult to keep their HAP ID card with them at all times.

Brochure: Students Away at School

The following services are only covered through the student's assigned PCP or appropriate HAP facility:

  • Routine physical exams
  • Routine care for non-emergent conditions
  • Non-emergent or outpatient psychiatric care which can be arranged by calling
    Coordinated Behavioral Health Management(CBHM)
    (800) 444-5755
  • OB/GYN services for pregnancy, chronic gynecologic conditions, and routine OB/GYN exams
  • Sports medicine
  • Non-emergent dermatology services

If time and the condition permits we recommend that students call the Referral Management Team at (313) 664-8950 to find out if an authorization is needed for covered care. Obtaining direction before receiving services will help to ensure that the appropriate authorizations are on file for claims processing.

* Coverage is not extended to dependent children who reside with a custodial parent outside the HAP service area.

HAP Web Site Login

ID Number:


Login Help

Register Now


Follow Us: