Your Child is Covered Away at School
The following services are only covered through the student's assigned PCP or appropriate HAP facility:
- Routine physical exams
- Routine care for non-emergent conditions
- Non-emergent or outpatient psychiatric care which can be arranged by calling
Coordinated Behavioral Health Management(CBHM)
- OB/GYN services for pregnancy, chronic gynecologic conditions, and routine OB/GYN exams
- Sports medicine
- Non-emergent dermatology services
If time and the condition permits we recommend that students call the Referral Management Team at (313) 664-8950 to find out if an authorization is needed for covered care. Obtaining direction before receiving services will help to ensure that the appropriate authorizations are on file for claims processing.
* Coverage is not extended to dependent children who reside with a custodial parent outside the HAP service area.