In the event of an inpatient emergency admission, HAP’s Admission department must be notified
within 48 hours. HAP reserves the right to transfer a member to an alternate facility if deemed
necessary for continued care.
For HMO, PPO and POS members, the services identified as covered services for Students Away at
School will be covered at the in-network level.
The following services are not covered under the member’s Subscriber Contract or Health
1. Routine complete physical examinations, including gynecological exams
2. All elective surgery or hospitalizations
3. Routine eye examinations and/or eyeglasses (optometry and optical services)
4. Routine OB/GYN services for pregnancy
5. Physician visits or physical therapy, occupational therapy or other therapies or treatments that
are not prior authorized by HAP
6. Vaccines administered for the sole purpose of travel are not a covered benefit under the
member’s Subscriber Contract or Health Insurance Policy
The Students Away at School Policy does not cover dependent members permanently residing out of our
service area even if the dependent is a student. Any services other than those listed under “Covered
Services” are not covered under the member’s Subscriber Contract or Health Insurance Policy.
*We do not cover dependent children who live with a custodial parent outside of our service area.