Women's Health - 100 Calorie Snack Ideas
Looking for ways to snack sensibly? Try these 20 ideas to keep your calorie budget in check. Most of these ideas add up to roughly 100 calories.
- 1/2 cup of sugar-free gelatin, any flavor, and two tablespoons of low fat whipped topping.
- 15 chocolate-covered raisins.
- Stir 2 teaspoons of chocolate syrup into a cup of coffee for Cafe Mocha.
- Six animal crackers.
- Add 1/4 cup of fat-free Ranch dressing to 1 cup of mixed fresh veggies such as zucchini, red bell pepper, celery, carrot sticks and cherry tomatoes.
- Either six saltine crackers or two graham cracker squares with 2 teaspoons of peanut butter or fruit jam.
- One 1/2 cup of fat-free ice cream.
- A luscious parfait: 1/2 cup of low-fat pudding layered into a parfait glass alternating with two crumbled vanilla wafers and a dollop of low fat whipped topping to garnish the top.
- Spoon 1/2 cup of salsa and 2 tablespoons of non-fat sour cream over a small baked potato.
- One rice cake thinly spread with fat-free sour cream and sprinkled with one tablespoon of crumbled bleu cheese.
- Place a marshmallow on top of a graham cracker and microwave until gooey, drizzle with a teaspoon of chocolate syrup.
- Cut half an apple into slices and spread with 2 teaspoons of peanut butter.
- 1/2 cup of applesauce and 1 piece of toast cut into four sticks for dunking.
- 10 dry roasted cashews or 12-15 natural almonds.
- 26 grapes.
- An eight oz. low-fat yogurt or a fat-free chocolate pudding cup.
- One two-inch slice of angel food cake.
- One hard boiled egg.
- Four Hershey’s kisses.
- Two tablespoons hummus with 12 grape tomatoes.
To build your own healthy snacks and lunches, keep this handy list of ingredients around to keep portions and calories under control.
|Bread, Cereal, Rice and Pasta||Calories|
|½ cup plain cooked instant oatmeal||80|
|1 oz. Cheerios cereal||110|
|1-cup cooked tender macaroni noodles||115|
|1 twisted Dutch pretzel||65|
|1 slice French bread||100|
|1oz. shredded wheat cereal||100|
|1 cup fresh blueberries||80|
|½ cantaloupe melon||95|
|1 cup unsweetened applesauce||105|
|1 medium size banana or pear||105|
|1 cup mixed vegetables cooked||105|
|1 ear corn on the cob (plain)||85|
|1 cup squash (baked acorn or butternut)||100|
|1 sweet potato baked/boiled and peeled||115|
|½ cup frozen broccoli with cheese sauce||116|
|Meat, Poultry, Fish, Eggs, and Nuts|
|1 fried egg||90|
|¼ cup frozen egg substitute||30|
|1 roasted chicken drumstick (1.5 oz.)||75|
|1 Tablespoon peanut butter||95|
|5 oz. Turkey breast (roasted, no skin)||115|
|2 Tablespoons pistachios (25)||92|
|Dairy, Milk, Yogurt, and Cheese|
|1 cup skim milk||90|
|1 oz. Bleu cheese||100|
|1 oz. Cheddar or Swiss cheese||115|
|3 fl oz. fat-free vanilla ice cream||100|
|1 3.5 oz. brownie (from a box mix)||160|
|1 cup hot cocoa (from a powdered mix)||100|
|1 oz. hard candy or jelly beans||100|
|Fats, Oils and Sugars|
|1 Tablespoon Olive or Canola oil||120|
|1 Tablespoon whipped butter||80|
|1 Tablespoon regular mayonnaise||99|
|1 Tablespoon light mayonnaise||44|