Quitting smoking or using tobacco is the best thing you could have done for yourself and the people around you.
You should be proud of yourself. You did it!
Here are some ways that others have coped with their urges to smoke or use tobacco. Try one the next time you think about picking up a cigarette.
- Avoid risky situations, especially the first few weeks after you quit.
- Do something else, try something new.
- As time passes, you will have fewer urges to smoke, and they will be easier to resist.
- Many people who have quit smoking will smoke one or two cigarettes or will go back to their old smoking habit. Have they failed? NO! Many people quit three or four times before quitting for good. If you should slip up or start smoking again, first try to figure out what went wrong.
- Learn from your mistakes. When you're ready, set a new quit date. You can do it!