The Living Well Scale
Many of us are striving to live a well-balanced life. The Living Well Scale offers 10 ideas on how to incorporate healthy habits into each area of your life.
1. Walk 10,000 steps a day or take four 10-minute walks.
2. Count to 10 and take a deep breath (and exhale!) before you say or do anything in anger.
3. Try to include some of the top 10 antioxidant foods in your diet each day.
4. Talk to each of your children one-on-one for 10 minutes every day. If you don’t have children, call a close friend, neighbor or sibling for a quick chat.
5. Automatically save 10 percent of each paycheck, and strive to pay an extra $10 on your monthly credit card bills.
6. Try volunteering each month at your favorite social service agency, community group or charity.
7. Take at least a 10 minute “time out” for yourself each day. Meditate, stretch, do a hobby, enjoy alone time.
8. Focus on the 10 most important things that you need to get done.
9. Take 10 minutes each day to tidy up an area that is often messy, like the kitchen or bathroom counter.
10. Write down the 10 people or things for which you’re most thankful. Keep the list handy and refer to it often.
How many of these “top 10 ideas” are you already doing? Consider setting a goal for yourself. Try one or two more each month until you’ve incorporated all of them into your life to make living well YOUR way of life.
What's your Living Well Tip? Share it with us on Facebook or via firstname.lastname@example.org.