Osteoporosis is a condition in which bones become weak and can break easily during a fall. The bones that are most easily broken during a fall are the hip, back and wrist.
This condition is most common in women over the age of 50. If you are at risk, talk to your doctor about diagnostic tests. Proper nutrition, exercise and medications can prevent this disease.
About HAPís Restore Caretrack® Program for Osteoporosis
HAP's Restore Caretrack® program is available to all HAP members ages 18 and older who are diagnosed with osteoporosis. The program supports your relationship with your physician by helping you stick to your prescribed treatment plans.
Youíll get a nurse health coach to work one-on-one with you. Your nurse health coach can help you
- Assess your readiness to make behavior changes
- Identify specific challenges
- Build self-confidence to manage your osteoporosis
- Set goals
- Provide information about osteoporosis
- Navigate the health care system
More Information on Osteoporosis
Log in or register to...
- Learn more about osteoporosis
- Assess your risk of getting osteoporosis
- Participate in online healthy lifestyle programs