Medication therapy management
How does medication therapy management work?
Once enrolled, a pharmacist will call you to conduct a comprehensive medication review. The pharmacist will:
- Discuss drugs and answer questions
- Identify possible drug interactions
- Decide if drugs need to be changed for safety or to improve your health
The pharmacist will work with your doctors to make changes.
After the review, you’ll get a letter with:
- Your MTM pharmacist’s name and contact information
- An action plan listing all discussed medication-related concerns
- Follow-up steps
You’ll also receive a Personal Medication List with:
- Your prescription and over-the-counter medications
- How to take each drug
- Why you’re taking each drug
- Who prescribed each drug
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services requires you receive a targeted medication review every three months if enrolled. Someone from the pharmacy team will call you to conduct the reviews. They’ll answer questions and help make sure you’re taking your drugs as prescribed.
If you have questions, contact us at (888) 654-0706 (TTY: 711).