What if I need prompt medical care but it's not an emergency?
If you need prompt medical attention that is not an emergency (like an urgent medical condition), you can:
- Call your PCP's office. Be sure to describe your medical concern to the receptionist or nurse, and arrangements will be made for your prompt medical care.*
- Visit a HAP-affiliated retail center. These walk-in clinics can help you get same-day care. Find a clinic near you.
- See a doctor online 24/7 through HAP's Telehealth services. Learn more about Telehealth services.
- Visit a HAP-affiliated urgent care center. Find an urgent care center.
Learn more about your options for same-day care with our handy infographic.
If you can't get an appointment within our access standards, our Physician Selection Specialists can help. Our staff is trained to work with your physician's office, contacting a back-up physician, or by redirecting you to another physician that can see you within our access standards. You may reach a Physician Selection Specialist toll-free at (888) 742-2727. If you need urgent care, you may be directed to the nearest urgent care facility. If you see a back-up physician, make a follow-up appointment with your own physician as directed.
* If your PCP's office is closed you should visit a HAP-affiliated urgent care center.