We're currently experiencing technical difficulties with delivery of the 2022 ID cards. If you're an existing member, your member and Rx number will remain the same. If you’re a new member or need your ID number to get care or prescriptions, customer service is here to help. Call us at 800-422-4641.

How do I get reimbursed for health care services I received outside of the U.S.?

To get reimbursed for health care services you received outside of the U.S., you’ll need to fill out HAP’s Foreign Claims Reimbursement Form. Download it here (PDF).

Medicare members have a different form, which can be downloaded here (PDF)..


It’s important to fill out the entire form. Any missing information can cause a delay in processing your claim. This also delays your reimbursement.

Complete Step 1 and include:

  • The patient’s name
  • Address
  • Date of birth
  • Phone number and member ID number found on your HAP card

Complete Step 2 and include:

  • An itemized bill or statement with the following information
    • Patient's name
    • Date of service
    • Dollar amount charged for each service
    • Provider's name and address

Don't forget to provide a detailed reason for treatment on the form. If your bills or statements are in a different language, you must provide translated versions for all the above information.

Attach the proof of payment. You should tape any receipts to a separate sheet of paper and include with the Foreign Claim's Reimbursement Form. Make copies of all receipts and documents to keep with your records.

Where do I send the form and additional information?

Send the completed form and any supporting information by mail to:

HAP Claims Division
Member Reimbursement
2850 W. Grand Blvd.
Detroit, MI 48202

You can also send us a secure message through your online HAP account at hap.org:

  • Log in at hap.org.
  • Click on Message Center at the top of the page.
  • Click on Compose Message to send us a new message.

If you need to register for your online HAP account, have your ID card ready and go to hap.org/login. Click on Register Now.

How long will it take to process my claim?

Please allow 30 days for processing. It's important to know, any missing information will cause a delay in processing your claim.

Who do I contact if I have any questions?

For questions or concerns, please call the Customer Service number on your ID card.


Contact us