Does HAP offer any special programs for people with chronic diseases such as asthma, diabetes or heart failure?
Chronic and complex conditions can need many health care providers, prescriptions, appointments and treatments. Our innovative care management program is a collaborative way of:
- Assistance with health care concerns and barriers to care
- Care coordination
- Member education
- Evaluation and advocacy for options and services to meet your comprehensive health to promote:
- Patient safety
- Quality of care
- Cost-effective outcomes
This program helps you understand your conditions and learn to manage them.
This program is free and focuses on:
- Helping you as you move between care settings (hospital back to home)
- Identifying each person’s care needs and health goals and creating a plan to reach those goals
- Giving access to our high-quality case management staff
- Working with your doctor to support your needs
- Monitoring to assure personalized care-goal progress
You’ll talk often with a nurse by phone. The nurse works with you and your health care providers to:
- Determine which program will best meet your needs
- Get access to education, services and local resources
- Coordinate services that may include a behavioral health specialist to help identify emotional or behavioral triggers that affect the ability to follow your doctor’s treatment plan
For more information about HAP’s Care Management programs or to enroll, call (800) 288-2902 (TTY: 711) or email [email protected]. You can refer yourself by filling out this form. Your doctor, family member or caregiver may also refer you.
For more information about HAP’s Palliative Care program or to enroll, call (844) 742-7474 (TTY: 711). You can also email [email protected]p.org.