Do you want to maintain a healthy heart as you age? Join HAP to learn how exercise can help keep your heart and lungs healthy. You’ll also find out how physical activity helps your entire body.
You’ll hear from Dr. Barry Franklin, the director of William Beaumont Hospital’s Cardiac Rehabilitation Program and Exercise Laboratories. He’ll discuss how:
- Physical activity and heart and lung exercise may help you live to be 100.
- Aging can negatively impact bodily functions.
- Resistance training can reverse a decrease in muscle strength and endurance.
- Weekly walking distance can predict death and damage to the heart.
- Physical activity impacts mind and sexual function.
- Dr. Dennis Kerrigan, senior clinical exercise physiologist at Henry Ford Hospital, will teach stretch band exercises. Each guest will receive a band.
Henry Ford Health System nurses will do blood pressure screenings.
A HAP personal service coordinator will answer questions regarding HAP health plan benefits.
Doors open at 9:30 a.m. Free box lunch available.
Space is limited. You may bring one adult guest. Please register you and your guest.
To register, call (800) 501-4901 Monday through Friday between 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.