Small business funding options
Find the right funding choice for your business
Your employees deserve competitive health plans that also work in your budget. That's why we offer our small group partners fully insured and shared funding options.
Find the funding option that suits your business needs and provides high-value coverage for your workforce. To get started, contact your account representative.
Fully-insured funding offers the predictability of a low-risk, fixed monthly premium combined with a full range of employee benefits, such as health and wellness and chronic condition management programs.
With this option, your business:
- Assumes no financial risk. We pay employees' claims based on the benefits of your plan.
- Pays a fixed monthly premium based on the number of employees.
- Pays a different monthly premium only if the number of enrolled employees varies throughout the year.
We offer shared funding for businesses that prefer lower monthly premiums with some financial risk and greater network coverage flexibility.
Under this model, your business:
- Is directly responsible for paying employee claims. However, you may not be subject to all premium taxes under the Affordable Care Act.
- Pays a monthly premium for only the services you need to manage the plan (for example: customer service support, claims processing and billing).
- Has flexibility by taking advantage of customized leasing networks.
Our shared plans are managed by a third party administrator, ASR, a subsidiary of HAP. Our partnership gives your business the coverage area you need, where you need it, with customized leasing networks.
Businesses benefit from the flexibility of administrative options that may include claims administration, customer service, medical and pharmacy benefit management, stop loss insurance and more.
Contact us about health plans for small businesses
If you want to learn more about our health plans and pricing options, fill out our custom pricing form, and we'll contact you to get started.