Medication therapy management
How does medication therapy management work?
Once enrolled, a pharmacist will call you to conduct a comprehensive medication review. The pharmacist will:
- Discuss drugs and answer questions
- Identify possible drug interactions
- Decide if drugs need to be changed for safety or to improve your health
The pharmacist will work with your doctors to make changes.
After the review, you’ll get a letter with:
- Your MTM pharmacist’s name and contact information
- An action plan listing all discussed medication-related concerns
- Follow-up steps
You’ll also receive a Personal Medication List with:
- Your prescription and over-the-counter medications
- How to take each drug
- Why you’re taking each drug
- Who prescribed each drug
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services requires you receive a targeted medication review every three months if enrolled. A pharmacist will call you to conduct the reviews. They’ll answer questions and help make sure you’re taking your drugs as prescribed.
If you have questions, contact us at (888) 654-0706 (TTY: 711).