Health and wellness programs
Programs for your health and well-being
At HAP Empowered Medicaid, you’re not just an ID number. You’re a valuable member of our family. And we want our family to be happy, healthy and strong.
As a member, you have access to health and wellness services. Our wellness programs help you make good changes to your health.
Free Healthy Start for Baby Program
HAP Empowered created the Healthy Start for Baby Program. This free program gives you tools and resources to help you thrive during pregnancy and through your baby’s first year. A case manager will work with you and your doctors to help you get care. The program is tailored for each new mother’s needs and provides:
- Prepartum and postpartum educational tools
- Obstetrician care coordination
- Referrals to appropriate specialists
- Initial screening
- Rides to prenatal and postnatal exams in a HAP-provided shuttle
- Nutritional support and resources
- Baby supplies
- Behavioral health resources
- Community partner relationships
- Text4Baby app
Remember to get early and regular prenatal care. Keep all your doctor appointments. Call (800) 288-2902 for more information. We are available Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org.
24/7 Nurse Line
HAP Empowered members can use a free 24/7 health information line.
Nurses answer your questions.
- Answers to health questions
- Trusted information
When you call, a nurse helps you:
- Choose the right care.
- Find a doctor or hospital.
- Learn your choices.
- Be healthy.
- Take drugs safely.
Call (877) 394-0665.
This program gives coordination of care and services. It’s for members with a critical event or diagnosis that needs:
- Extensive resources
- Proper care and services
To learn more, call (800) 288-2902.
Help to stop smoking
The Michigan Tobacco Quitline is a free phone-based program to help you quit smoking. You’ll work with a health coach to make a quit plan. Your coach will call to make sure you’re on track. To sign up, call (800) QUIT NOW (784-8669). To learn more, call (888) 654-2200 (TTY: 711).
- View the 2019 Smoking Cessation Formulary.
Empower your health rewards program
Your health and well-being are important to us. To help you stay healthy, we’ll reward you for checkups and screenings. You must be a HAP Empowered Medicaid member on the date of service to get rewards.
iStrive® for Better Health
Manage your health with iStrive for Better Health. It’s our digital wellness tool powered by WebMD health services. It can help you:
- Take an online health assessment.
- Learn more about health issues like asthma, being tired all the time, depression and more.
- Check on your progress with health trackers.
- Reach your goals for fitness, weight, healthy eating, stress and quitting tobacco.
Weight Watchers® Discount Program
HAP Empowered members can buy a discounted 12-week Weight Watchers® membership. To learn more, call (888) 3Florine or visit the Weight Watchers® website at weightwatchers.com.
Keep your family healthy. You’ll learn how with this unique and easy program.