Welcome to HAP Empowered Healthy Michigan Plan
Health insurance you can afford
Do you need health insurance, but haven’t been able to afford it? If you have a limited income, you may be eligible for our Healthy Michigan Plan. With the Healthy Michigan Plan, you get the coverage you want and the support you need. We’ll help guide you along the way. Plus, we’re local and part of this community. So, when you need us, know that help is here.
You may be eligible for the HMP plan if you are:
- Between the ages of 19 and 64
- Not currently eligible for Medicaid
- Not in or qualified for Medicare
- Not pregnant when applying for the Healthy Michigan Plan
- Earning up to 133 percent of the Federal Poverty Level
- A resident of the State of Michigan
You’ll have coverage for:
- Visits to your primary care physician, nurse practitioner, outpatient hospital visits, surgical centers and more
- Prescription drugs
- Laboratory and X-ray services
- Preventive and wellness services and chronic disease management
- Pediatric services for 19 and 20 year-olds, including oral and vision care
- Maternity care
- Mental health including behavioral health treatment and substance abuse disorder treatment services (delivered via the state of Michigan MDHHS)
- Rehabilitative and habilitative services and devices
See the Healthy Michigan Plan Member Handbook for more covered services.
Enroll in the Healthy Michigan Plan today
- Online: Visit michigan.gov/mibridges.
- By phone: Call (855) 789-5610.
- In person: Visit the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services office. Find a location near you.
Here are helpful member resources for your Healthy Michigan Plan.
Where to get care
We make it easy for you to find a doctor, hearing provider, pharmacy and dentist. It's always a good idea to call the doctor's office first. You can confirm if they accept your plan and are taking new patients.
Find a doctor, hearing provider or pharmacy
Use our search tool. You can search by name, type of provider or specialty.
Find a dentist
Find a dentist in your network.