Plans and service area

We have plans to help your family stay healthy and well. 

Where to get plans

  • Genesee County
  • Huron County
  • Lapeer County
  • Sanilac County
  • Shiawassee County
  • St. Clair County
  • Tuscola County



How to enroll

Verify eligibility


Choose HAP Empowered

Call Michigan ENROLLS at (888) 367-6557.


  • Medicaid plan

    Our HAP Empowered Medicaid plan has the health benefits and services to help you get and stay healthy.  It gives you the care you need when you need it. 

    It’s hard to predict when you or a family member will need medical care. That’s why HAP Empowered gives you access to a large support system of doctors, specialists, hospitals and pharmacies. It’s part of our commitment to help you and your family live healthier.

    What's covered

    • Office visits
    • Prescriptions
    • Hospital stays
    • Emergency visits
    • Home health care
    • Preventive care and exams
    • X-rays
    • Asthma and diabetes programs
    • Physical therapy
    • Chiropractic services
    • Lead screening tests for children
    • Immunizations
    • Family planning services
    • Pregnancy and OB/GYN visits
    • Well-baby and well-child visits
    • Health, education and outreach
    • Transportation to and from medical appointments

    Member resources

    Here are helpful member resources for your HAP Empowered Medicaid plan.

  • Healthy Michigan Plan

    Health insurance you can afford

    Do you need health insurance, but haven’t been able to afford it? If you have a limited income, you may be eligible for our Healthy Michigan Plan. With the Healthy Michigan Plan, you get the coverage you want and the support you need. We’ll help guide you along the way. Plus, we’re local and part of this community. So, when you need us, know that help is here.

    Who’s eligible?

    You may be eligible for the HMP plan if you are:

    • Between the ages of 19 and 64
    • Not currently eligible for Medicaid
    • Not in or qualified for Medicare
    • Not pregnant when applying for the Healthy Michigan Plan
    • Earning up to 133 percent of the Federal Poverty Level
    • A resident of the State of Michigan

    What’s covered?

    You’ll have coverage for:

    • Visits to your primary care physician, nurse practitioner, outpatient hospital visits, surgical centers and more
    • Dental
    • Vision
    • Hearing
    • Prescription drugs
    • Laboratory and X-ray services
    • Preventive and wellness services and chronic disease management
    • Transportation service to and from your appointments

    See the Healthy Michigan Plan Member Handbook for more covered services.

    Enroll in the Healthy Michigan Plan today

    Member resources

    Here are helpful member resources for your Healthy Michigan Plan.

  • Children's Special Health Care Services Plan

    If your child has a serious chronic medical condition, he or she could be eligible for CSHCS. This program serves children (and some adults) at no cost.

    What conditions qualify?

    CSHCS covers more than 2,700 diagnoses. Certain criteria must be met. See a full list of diagnoses. All children meet with a Michigan Department of Health and Human Services medical consultant.

    Is my child eligible?

    The child, or a parent of the minor child, or court-appointed guardian must be one of the following:

    • A U.S. citizen
    • A documented noncitizen who has been admitted for permanent residence
    • A noncitizen legally admitted migrant farm worker

    In addition:

    • Children must be under the age of 21.
    • Those who are 21 and older with certain conditions may also qualify.
    • Must live in Michigan.
    • Families with any income are eligible (previous terms must be met).
    • There’s a fee to join CSHCS. This fee is waived if the child has Medicaid, MIChild, a court-appointed guardian or lives in a foster home.

    How to apply

    Ask your specialist to submit a medical record less than a year old. This can be in the form of a letter or report that describes the condition and treatment plan. Your specialist will need permission to send the medical information to CSHCS. Here’s the Authorization to Disclose Protected Health Information form.

    For questions:

    • Call your local CSHCS office or the Family Phone line at (800) 359-3722.
    • Email
  • MIChild
    MIChild covers health care for uninsured Michigan’s children of working families. Learn more about MIChild.
  • Health Care Coverage for People Impacted by Flint Water
    The state of Michigan offers health care to certain Flint, Michigan residents who were affected by the water crisis. See if you qualify at Michigan Department of Health & Human Services.

HAP Midwest Health Plan, Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Health Alliance Plan (HAP). It is a Michigan nonprofit, taxable corporation.

Please note: PDFs require Adobe Reader to download and read. Download Adobe Reader for free.

Customer Service

  • HAP Empowered Medicaid

    Call (888) 654-2200 (TTY: 711)

    Seven days a week,
    24 hours per day