How to use your HAP plan and its benefits
Follow these simple steps. Make the most of your HAP Empowered Duals (HMO SNP) plan.
Talk to your Nurse Case Manager
A Nurse Case Manager at HAP Empowered will call you soon after your effective date. They will help coordinate your care and answer any questions you may have.
- Finding a doctor and scheduling a visit. You can also use our 'Find a Doctor' tool to explore our network.
- Getting vision, dental and hearing care. Your plan includes $0 copays for preventive care, dental cleanings and routine exams. You also have a $1,000 allowance for hearing aids.
- Discussing condition-specific benefits. We have programs for chronic medical conditions such as diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, asthma and more.
Use your HAP Empowered card
When you go to the doctors, give them your HAP Empowered card. Not your Medicare or Medicaid card.
Set up mail order delivery for your prescriptions
Get your prescriptions delivered right to your door. How to get started:
- Ask your doctor for a prescription for a 90-day supply of your medicine.
- Register for a mail order prescription delivery on Pharmacy Advantage’s website or call (800) 456-2112.
- You can refill or renew your prescriptions online or on the phone. Prescriptions are delivered within 7 to 10 working days. Allow enough time so you don’t run out of medication.
Schedule free transportation
Get a ride to your medical appointments or to the pharmacy to pick up a prescription for free. If you need a ride the same day or next day, we will make every effort to make sure you get there. This is based on the availability of the transportation company.
- We have wheelchair vans upon request.
- We offer car seats upon request.
- Family members and caregivers can go with you.
- We will pick you up at your home and drop you back off at your home.
Call (800) 848-4844 (TTY: 711) to schedule a ride. For routine appointments, please call 3 business days ahead of time.
Register for your hap.org account
You’ll receive your ID card within two weeks of your enrollment. You can then use your ID number to create a hap.org account.
Once you log in, you can:
- See deductible and out of pocket costs
- Review benefits
- Check the status of claims, referrals and authorizations
- Send secure messages to customer service