How to use your HAP plan and its benefits
Welcome to HAP - a message from CEO Dr. Michael Genord
Follow these simple steps. Make the most of your HAP Empowered Duals (HMO SNP) plan.
Talk to your Nurse Care Manager
A Nurse Care Manager at HAP Empowered will call you soon after your effective date. They will help coordinate your care and answer any questions you may have.
- Finding a doctor and scheduling a visit. You can also use our 'Find a Doctor' tool to explore our network.
- Getting vision, dental and hearing care. Your plan includes $0 copays for preventive care, dental cleanings and routine exams. You also have a $1,000 allowance for hearing aids.
- Discussing condition-specific benefits. We have programs for chronic medical conditions such as diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, asthma and more.
- Completing your Health Risk Assessment (HRA) and earning $50.
- Signing up for our Healthy Living Rewards program.
Use your HAP Empowered Duals card
When you go to the doctors, give them your HAP Empowered Duals card.
Set up home delivery for your prescriptions
Get your prescriptions delivered right to your door. How to get started:
- Ask your doctor for a prescription for a 90-day supply of your medicine.
- Register for home delivery of your prescriptions on Pharmacy Advantage’s website or call (800) 456-2112.
- You can refill or renew your prescriptions online or on the phone. Prescriptions are delivered within 7 to 10 business days. Allow enough time so you don’t run out of medication. Pharmacy Advantage can also work with your doctor to get your medications refilled automatically.
Schedule free transportation
As a HAP Empowered Duals member, you have free rides to and from medical appointments. This includes:
- Pharmacy visits
You also have access to rides to pick up durable medical equipment and to get your COVID-19 vaccine and flu shot. Call (800) 848-4844 (TTY: 711) to schedule your ride. We’re here 7:30 a.m. to 8 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Call 911 for a life-threatening emergency.
To be reimbursed for a ride, please complete this Mileage Reimbursement Form.
Get help with doctor's appointments and screenings
HAP has a care team who will work with you to get to doctor's appointments and give you tools to manage your health. Our care team will help you get started on programs created to meet the needs of members with chronic medical conditions such as diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, asthma and more. A Nurse Case Manager can discuss our programs with you to help identify any health needs you may have.
- Livongo® - Linongo® combines advanced technology with 24/7 coaching to help make managing diabetes easier. Members with diabetes who opt into the program will receive a free smart glucose meter along with test strips and lancets (shipped directly to the member). The smart meter can be used to communicate with Linongo® diabetes health care professionals to make it easier to stay healthy.
- Members with diabetes also have $0 copays for foot doctor appointments and $0 copays for most preventive vaccines.
- In-home screenings and health assessments - HAP partners with a variety of vendors that provide free health care services to our valued members from the comfort of their homes. To learn more about who HAP partners with, visit our health partners page.
Register for your hap.org account
You’ll receive your ID card a few weeks of your enrollment. You can then use your ID number to create a hap.org account.
Once you log in, you can:
- See deductible and out of pocket costs
- Review benefits
- Check the status of claims, referrals and authorizations
- Send secure messages to customer service