That's right - no monthly premium. You do need to continue to pay your Medicare Part B premium (unless it's paid for you by Medicaid or another third party).
Dental + vision + hearing
Provided by Delta Dental, our plans include $0 preventive dental - two exams, two cleanings and a set of bitewing x-rays every year.
$0 routine eye exam and a $200 allowance yearly for eyeglasses or contact lenses. This year you'll be able to order eyewear online or in-person through our new routine vision provider, EyeMed.
Hearing aid coverage
All HAP Medicare plans cover a routine hearing exam and a fitting/ evaluation exam for hearing aids through a NationsHearing provider. There is a $1,000 allowance for hearing aids (one per ear) each year.
Need a ride? Our partners can pick you up (24 one-way rides. Based on availability). Wheelchair vans and car seats are available upon request. Or, if you have a fried or family member who can drive, we can reimburse them. For more information, call (800) 848-4844 (TTY:711).
Your health and wellbeing
- Expanded telehealth options for behavioral health and dermatology
- New for 2021, acupuncture for chronic lower back pain. Members can enjoy up to 20 visits annually
- Identity theft protection and global travel emergency services through Assist America
- Mom's Meals - members that have congestive heart failure, hypertension or diabetes can receive 14 days of fresh, nutritious, ready-to-heat meals delivered to their home after discharge from the hospital.
Help with doctor's appointments and screenings
HAP has a care team who will work with you to get to doctor's appointments and give you tools to manage your health. Our care team will help you get started on programs created to meet the needs of members with chronic medical conditions such as diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, asthma and more. A Nurse Case Manager can discuss our programs with you to help identify any health needs you may have.
- Livongo® - Linongo® combines advanced technology with 24/7 coaching to help make managing diabetes easier. Members with diabetes who opt into the program will receive a free smart glucose meter along with test strips and lancets (shipped directly to the member). The smart meter can be used to communicate with Linongo® diabetes health care professionals to make it easier to stay healthy.
- Members with diabetes also have $0 copays for foot doctor appointments and $0 copays for most preventive vaccines.
- In-home screenings and health assessments - HAP partners with a variety of vendors that provide free health care services to our valued members from the comfort of their homes. To learn more about who HAP partners with, visit our health partners page.
Great customer service
We train our customer service representatives to be helpful and friendly. They know how to answer your questions so you can make the right choices about your healthcare. Our representatives speak English, Spanish and Arabic, and we have translators for other languages.
Care from your local community
HAP Empowered Duals is available in Genesee, Macomb, Oakland and Wayne counties and connected to the communities we serve. We're here to help you, as well as work with your neighborhood providers.